unexpectedly low maintenance loan

Watch this thread
Vera1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got an email from student finance saying that my mum didn't fill out a PFF2 form - so she emailed me a copy, despite the fact she was sure she had. I logged in to upload it as the email directed, but on my student finance account, it reads that my application had been approved. In the entitlement letter, it tells me I've been awarded 4206£ in maintenance - this is a lot lower than expected - my family's income is low and in the previous 2 years my maintenance was around double this. I was thinking this might be the baseline amount and they haven't done the income assessment? But then why would the application have been approved? Or has there been a mistake? In that case, what can I do about it? I've not been able to get through the phone to ask. I'm concerned because this is not nearly enough for me to be able to attend uni next year - there's also a bursary I get from my college that is dependent on the sfe income assessment - so I'm concerned about it not being complete.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
When did you upload it?

SFE will award the basic loan amount quickly and will then take another 6-8 weeks to do the household income assessment. Once that’s done your loan amount will be increased
Jen SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vera1234)
I got an email from student finance saying that my mum didn't fill out a PFF2 form - so she emailed me a copy, despite the fact she was sure she had. I logged in to upload it as the email directed, but on my student finance account, it reads that my application had been approved. In the entitlement letter, it tells me I've been awarded 4206£ in maintenance - this is a lot lower than expected - my family's income is low and in the previous 2 years my maintenance was around double this. I was thinking this might be the baseline amount and they haven't done the income assessment? But then why would the application have been approved? Or has there been a mistake? In that case, what can I do about it? I've not been able to get through the phone to ask. I'm concerned because this is not nearly enough for me to be able to attend uni next year - there's also a bursary I get from my college that is dependent on the sfe income assessment - so I'm concerned about it not being complete.
Hi there,

If the PFF2 has only just been returned within the past 6 weeks, it may still be within processing. So we can check your account, send us a secure message or live chat by logging into your online account - http://ow.ly/Vvlg30mnEl0. You'll be able to send us a secure message by going into 'your personal details' or 'your inbox'.

Thanks, Jen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads