English IGCSE emergency PLZ HELP!

Watch this thread
Maria303
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Please answer asap I am panicking so much… just did my IGCSE english exam and forgot to tick the box for the option I selected for my transactional writing. I’m terrified that I will now lose all the marks for this! Please does anyone know what will happen!
Last edited by Maria303; 1 month ago
missling40
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Maria303)
Please answer asap I am panicking so much… just did my IGCSE english exam and forgot to tick the box for the option I selected for my transactional writing. I’m terrified that I will now lose all the marks for this! Please does anyone know what will happen!
I don't do igcse, so I could be completely wrong, but surely if it can be inferred from your writing what option you picked then it should be fine? It's probably just extra work for the examiner to figure out which one you chose. I suggest you ask your teacher cos they'll probably know. I'm sure it'll work out in the end tho dw : )
Maria303
Rep:
(Original post by missling40)
I don't do igcse, so I could be completely wrong, but surely if it can be inferred from your writing what option you picked then it should be fine? It's probably just extra work for the examiner to figure out which one you chose. I suggest you ask your teacher cos they'll probably know. I'm sure it'll work out in the end tho dw : )
Thank you! My teacher seems to think it’ll be fine- I’ve messaged the exam board so hopefully they will get back to me soon! Thank you ahh I’m just so worried about it as it’s 50% of the whole paper 😩😩😩
njcnd mjn
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Maria303)
Thank you! My teacher seems to think it’ll be fine- I’ve messaged the exam board so hopefully they will get back to me soon! Thank you ahh I’m just so worried about it as it’s 50% of the whole paper 😩😩😩
relax...it will be fine, as if every single student in the whole country would have crossed it. so many people i've spoken to didn't do it either.

Also, for anyone who did the speech...did it ask us to express our views/opinions?
Last edited by njcnd mjn; 1 month ago
Maria303
Rep:
(Original post by njcnd mjn)
relax...it will be fine, as if every single student in the whole country would have crossed it. so many people i've spoken to didn't do it either.

Also, for anyone who did the speak...did it ask us to express our views/opinions?
Thank you so much! That’s made me feel a lot better! I’m sorry I can’t remember !! Hope you found it okay though!!
njcnd mjn
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
nws : )literally sat across from my mates and at least 2 of them didn't put the cross so just put it behind u now... focus on whatever you next...good luck in others btw : )

i thought it wasn't too bad ... i think chinese cinderella was the easiest one we could have had
Maria303
Rep:
(Original post by njcnd mjn)
nws : )literally sat across from my mates and at least 2 of them didn't put the cross so just put it behind u now... focus on whatever you next...good luck in others btw : )

i thought it wasn't too bad ... i think chinese cinderella was the easiest one we could have had
Thank you so much!! Phew hopefully we will all be ok then!! : ) Glad that you found it alright! Yeah the chinese cinderella one was defo one of the easiest texts! I wanted the journey to Bhutan one but still happy with this one! Thank you so much and good luck in your next ones too!!! : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
30.97%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.23%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.29%

Watched Threads