Questions for current students at RVC!

Watch this thread
Jazz0426
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I have an offer for Gateway at RVC and had some very weird questions to ask (as I've never been to the uni before).

1) Are there any free gym facilities on campus (or a gym that is cheap on campus)?
2) I'm into dancing so wondered if there was a dance studio or area to dance at the uni?
3) I'm currently learning Spanish and hope to learn some more languages at uni, does anyone know of any side course or subsidisations they offer at RVC to study languages (I know some uni's have partnerships with external schools)?
4) I understand that there is a separate campus quite far away (to the one in Camden), do you have to fund your transport to that campus or do they pay for that for you?
5) Is living in London bad, expensive wise? I'm looking to commute in to get cheaper accommodation and not sure what Travel card/option is best?

I think that's everything? I know these are really weird questions but I'm not sure where else I would get answers without coming to an open day etc. Thanks
rolo1384
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jazz0426)
Hey, I have an offer for Gateway at RVC and had some very weird questions to ask (as I've never been to the uni before).

1) Are there any free gym facilities on campus (or a gym that is cheap on campus)?
2) I'm into dancing so wondered if there was a dance studio or area to dance at the uni?
3) I'm currently learning Spanish and hope to learn some more languages at uni, does anyone know of any side course or subsidisations they offer at RVC to study languages (I know some uni's have partnerships with external schools)?
4) I understand that there is a separate campus quite far away (to the one in Camden), do you have to fund your transport to that campus or do they pay for that for you?
5) Is living in London bad, expensive wise? I'm looking to commute in to get cheaper accommodation and not sure what Travel card/option is best?

I think that's everything? I know these are really weird questions but I'm not sure where else I would get answers without coming to an open day etc. Thanks
Hi! Im not a current student but I also have an offer to start there in september (for one of the biological sciences courses), I went to an open day a few months ago though so I can help you a bit, I know on the camden campus they have a gym, it's not massive but im pretty sure it was free for students, there is also a sort of studio room which they said can be used for all sorts of societies, so that would include dance im pretty sure. You can look on the student union website for what societies they have.
The other campus isn't too far away, its near potters bar which is 1 train which you need to buy a ticket for, then theres a free (i think) shuttle bus from potters bar to the hawkshead campus, the journey takes under and hour id say.
Living in london is obviously more expensive than other cities, i've lived in london my whole life but I'm planning on moving into student accommodation at least for 1st year, im pretty sure the RVC will send out an info pack about accom soon, as for travel there are probably student travel cards you can get, but you should look on the tfl website

I dont know about the languages bit sorry, but hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.9%
As I expected (73)
31.33%
Harder (87)
37.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.43%

Watched Threads