Going to university can ruin... [gaining weight at university] Watch

newman24x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
your figure! lol
well i don't know, i saw most of my mates:
-gained weight. hell in A-Level some of them are just thin wafer, now they are..well i don't know i my self gained quite a few (erhm2...)pounds lol
-balding? is this an age factor or pressure?
-eye bags getting larger...(but for certain people to me eye bags gives that "matured" look, but most find it horrifying :rolleyes: lol
-some have health problem...don't know whether its related to Uni life, most probably not.

how about you people?agree disagree
GrahamFromJeremyKyle
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'll probably lose weight at uni, it's my mum who forces me to eat. :|
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't know. I'm still trying to understand the question.

But the stereotypical lifestyle of a student (takeways, alcholol and late nights) takes its toll.
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've lost a lot of weight since starting university, but I do have constant panda eyes now. :p:
Still, that could just be an age thing.
Magnum Opus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
weird, everyone i know have said they've lost weight
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everyone is different. Some people's health deteriorates, some gets better, and others stay the same.
punktopia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most of those happened to me, but I'm still hot like Hellfire.
Miss Monkey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've lost a lot of weight, but there are people (more my friends who've gone to other unis actually) who have gained a lot. I probably do have bigger eye bags though!
Symph
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've lost a bit, but that's mainly due to not having any food in the flat and always being too lazy to go to Tesco.
golden bean
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ive gained like 4lbs in 6 weeks. eek! i havent actually eaten as much as i usualy do though. and every week i fall ill. my immune system is absolutely s***. i never used to fall ill before i went to uni
Jake22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by newman24x)
your figure! lol
well i don't know, i saw most of my mates:
-gained weight. hell in A-Level some of them are just thin wafer, now they are..well i don't know i my self gained quite a few (erhm2...)pounds lol
-balding? is this an age factor or pressure?
-eye bags getting larger...(but for certain people to me eye bags gives that "matured" look, but most find it horrifying :rolleyes: lol
-some have health problem...don't know whether its related to Uni life, most probably not.

how about you people?agree disagree
If I am understanding what you are asking correctly, this is my answer:

I don't think any of that stuff has anything to do with university; more to do with growing up and lifestyle choices.

One could choose to live healthily at university and there are normally a lot less working hours and stress than living in the real world. Probably why students tend to seem a fresher faced lot than the average.
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I definatly gained weight thanks to eat rubish food everyday
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I lost weight when I started, now I think I'm putting it back on. But I've eaten awfully this week, hopefully I will get back on track sooner or later.
I think i sleep more, so my bags are less, but I seldom wear makeup because i JUST CAN'T BE BOTHERED so you probably see them more :p:
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The freshman 15 is a good thing.
Untitled1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm hoping to lose weight at University actually It's my Mum that feeds me well, and I'd probably feed myself well but just not as much. Plus there are many gyms and sports centres at Uni, so I plan to make good use of them It's a fresh start in life hopefully when I go ^^

I don't know about balding, eye bags or health problems. I imagine the work is a lot harder, but there's also more time to yourself compared to now perhaps. I think those people are the ones that go out all of the time, and stay up late to finish their work instead of getting it done early and then having a good time
Betty Banana
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I seem to gain weight at uni because i don't exercise as much at uni as i do at home and i get really stressed and eat loads of pretty much anything. Then come the Easter/xmas/summer holidays, i lose loads of weight because i exercise/ feel less stressed and feel good again!! roll on xmas hols!!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (190)
18.57%
No (620)
60.61%
Not really bothered about them (213)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed