Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going to university can ruin... [gaining weight at university] Watch

ReputationRep:
    your figure! lol
    well i don't know, i saw most of my mates:
    -gained weight. hell in A-Level some of them are just thin wafer, now they are..well i don't know i my self gained quite a few (erhm2...)pounds lol
    -balding? is this an age factor or pressure?
    -eye bags getting larger...(but for certain people to me eye bags gives that "matured" look, but most find it horrifying :rolleyes: lol
    -some have health problem...don't know whether its related to Uni life, most probably not.

how about you people?agree disagree

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably lose weight at uni, it's my mum who forces me to eat. :|

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I'm still trying to understand the question.

But the stereotypical lifestyle of a student (takeways, alcholol and late nights) takes its toll.

ReputationRep:
    I've lost a lot of weight since starting university, but I do have constant panda eyes now. :p:
    Still, that could just be an age thing.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    weird, everyone i know have said they've lost weight

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is different. Some people's health deteriorates, some gets better, and others stay the same.

ReputationRep:
    Most of those happened to me, but I'm still hot like Hellfire.

ReputationRep:
    I've lost a lot of weight, but there are people (more my friends who've gone to other unis actually) who have gained a lot. I probably do have bigger eye bags though!

ReputationRep:
    I've lost a bit, but that's mainly due to not having any food in the flat and always being too lazy to go to Tesco.

ReputationRep:
    ive gained like 4lbs in 6 weeks. eek! i havent actually eaten as much as i usualy do though. and every week i fall ill. my immune system is absolutely s***. i never used to fall ill before i went to uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newman24x)
    your figure! lol
    well i don't know, i saw most of my mates:
    -gained weight. hell in A-Level some of them are just thin wafer, now they are..well i don't know i my self gained quite a few (erhm2...)pounds lol
    -balding? is this an age factor or pressure?
    -eye bags getting larger...(but for certain people to me eye bags gives that "matured" look, but most find it horrifying :rolleyes: lol
    -some have health problem...don't know whether its related to Uni life, most probably not.

how about you people?agree disagree
    If I am understanding what you are asking correctly, this is my answer:

I don't think any of that stuff has anything to do with university; more to do with growing up and lifestyle choices.

One could choose to live healthily at university and there are normally a lot less working hours and stress than living in the real world. Probably why students tend to seem a fresher faced lot than the average.

ReputationRep:
    I definatly gained weight thanks to eat rubish food everyday

ReputationRep:
    I lost weight when I started, now I think I'm putting it back on. But I've eaten awfully this week, hopefully I will get back on track sooner or later.
    I think i sleep more, so my bags are less, but I seldom wear makeup because i JUST CAN'T BE BOTHERED so you probably see them more :p:

ReputationRep:
    The freshman 15 is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to lose weight at University actually It's my Mum that feeds me well, and I'd probably feed myself well but just not as much. Plus there are many gyms and sports centres at Uni, so I plan to make good use of them It's a fresh start in life hopefully when I go ^^

I don't know about balding, eye bags or health problems. I imagine the work is a lot harder, but there's also more time to yourself compared to now perhaps. I think those people are the ones that go out all of the time, and stay up late to finish their work instead of getting it done early and then having a good time

ReputationRep:
    I seem to gain weight at uni because i don't exercise as much at uni as i do at home and i get really stressed and eat loads of pretty much anything. Then come the Easter/xmas/summer holidays, i lose loads of weight because i exercise/ feel less stressed and feel good again!! roll on xmas hols!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.