GCSE english language paper 1

Watch this thread
aiz_ah05
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How did you guys find the exam today?
abc-2006
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It went good I’m working on a grade 6 so I believe I’ll get a 7 maybe. What about for you?
aiz_ah05
Rep:
(Original post by abc-2006)
It went good I’m working on a grade 6 so I believe I’ll get a 7 maybe. What about for you?
That's good to hear! I think the paper was not that bad I didn't like question 2 much ..couldn't pick out many languaage features..I'm also aiming for about grade 7!
Hopefully we can get there!
did u write a description or story for Q5
abc-2006
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aiz_ah05)
That's good to hear! I think the paper was not that bad I didn't like question 2 much ..couldn't pick out many languaage features..I'm also aiming for about grade 7!
Hopefully we can get there!
did u write a description or story for Q5
I did the story as I found it easier. What about you?
aiz_ah05
Rep:
(Original post by abc-2006)
I did the story as I found it easier. What about you?
yh me too..like wth was the decription image lol..I could never..
Umar Imad
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Anyone sat the IGCSE Edexcel Language B today?
Anonymous1764764
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Need an answer to this. I did Section A relatively well and i think scored pretty well on there. BUT on Q5 I used the priest story but tweaked it. However, i stupidly forgot to make it a "life changing event" as he ended in hell. However, i included loads of ambitious vocab and punctuation but I'm sooooo scared i may lose marks as its not quite life changing, but at the start of the story he finds out he goes to heaven so could that be classed as life changing. but the fact he ends in hell really annoys me and i really hope to get a 7 minimum because that's my target.

Please can someone reply.
aiz_ah05
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous1764764)
Need an answer to this. I did Section A relatively well and i think scored pretty well on there. BUT on Q5 I used the priest story but tweaked it. However, i stupidly forgot to make it a "life changing event" as he ended in hell. However, i included loads of ambitious vocab and punctuation but I'm sooooo scared i may lose marks as its not quite life changing, but at the start of the story he finds out he goes to heaven so could that be classed as life changing. but the fact he ends in hell really annoys me and i really hope to get a 7 minimum because that's my target.

what's this priest story i keep hearing about..
anyway the most important thing is the use of sophisticated vocbulary..if u have used that u should do well! don't worry!
Anonymous1764764
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
what's this priest story i keep hearing about..
anyway the most important thing is the use of sophisticated vocbulary..if u have used that u should do well! don't worry!
basically where a priest wakes up in after life walks to heaven, gates shut walks to dwon to hell.

I used this plot but wasnt the question on life changing or life saving, so u think id still get high marks despite my answer not fully answering question however, at the start the was a life change/ rescue when my character wakes up in dark room and finds out hes going to heaven???????
Eesa7x
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Isn’t it plaigurism though, I did use it too but I’m a bit concerned now
aiz_ah05
Rep:
in my mock for example, my story didn't fully link to what they asked ..well hardly..but as long as there's even a little hint of what they've asked in the writing it should be alright..but seriously ambitious vocab is what they're really searching for so plz don't worry, I'm sure u have done great! just have some faith
aiz_ah05
Rep:
(Original post by Eesa7x)
Isn’t it plaigurism though, I did use it too but I’m a bit concerned now
as long as you didn't copy it word for word..it's fine to be inspired by another story
aiz_ah05
Rep:
my story for Q5 was some tragic love story lol..got a bit to into writing it just about linked it to the question on the last 10 minutes
Last edited by aiz_ah05; 1 month ago
abc-2006
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous1764764)

I think it might be plagiarism as you used the priest story (but it’s okay if u didn’t copy it word to word), also as far as I know from my teachers if it doesn’t link back to what aqa asked for you to write about them you might lose marks.
Last edited by abc-2006; 1 month ago
aiz_ah05
Rep:
dysgraphia didn't help me with Q5 lol..ahh i keep spelling such simple words wrong and 16 marks for SPaG was it?
Anonymous1764764
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
in my mock for example, my story didn't fully link to what they asked ..well hardly..but as long as there's even a little hint of what they've asked in the writing it should be alright..but seriously ambitious vocab is what they're really searching for so plz don't worry, I'm sure u have done great! just have some faith
thanks and to some extent my story begins like this
a ex boxer wakes up in after life in a grave which i describe as very menacing and repugnant i go really descriptive on the disgusting nature of it

- then i describe how he breaks grave open and opens door at his house to find hes going to heaven and i go descriptive with the walkway to heaven.
- then i go off topic when he finds out he doesnt go to heaven and walks down the menacing stairway to hell and end up at the gates of hell.

DO YOU THINK THAT SINCE MY FIRST PART IS ABOUT A LIFE CHANGE/RESCUE IN A SENCE THAT HE IS ANGRY THAT HE INA GRAVE THEN HE FINDS OUT HE GOING TO HEAVEN AND GOES THERE, YOU RECKON I STILL GET GOOD MARKS ON THAT PART AND MAYBE THE REST AND IT CAN BE CLASSED AS A PLOT TWIST.

ALSO I INCLUDED LOTS OF SOPHISTICATED VOCAB AND PUNCT
Anonymous1764764
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
as long as you didn't copy it word for word..it's fine to be inspired by another story
I copied a plot, changed my character and didnt use any word for word as its impossible to remember a word for word and write it in an exam im pretty sure
haniss
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It was good apart from the picture so I chose the narrative
aiz_ah05
Rep:
(Original post by haniss)
It was good apart from the picture so I chose the narrative
Great! yeah I think majority of people chose to write a narrative, the image was a bit weird lol
Eesa7x
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Just concerned that too many people have used it there was only a plot to use he didn’t write a story but he did write a plot. If so many people have used it will they get suspicious?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (63)
27.51%
As I expected (71)
31%
Harder (87)
37.99%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.49%

Watched Threads