A level results breakdown

Watch this thread
rycbar.123
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
obviously with covid and all I've never done real exams before, so was wondering do you get a breakdown of your marks/grade on each unit or just the overall grade on results day? and also what actually is UMS because teachers keep using the term and I'm so confused by it lol
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rycbar.123)
obviously with covid and all I've never done real exams before, so was wondering do you get a breakdown of your marks/grade on each unit or just the overall grade on results day? and also what actually is UMS because teachers keep using the term and I'm so confused by it lol
Hi there.

I believe teacher's will have this data however I'm unsure if it is just an overall mark with grade boundaries or a paper specific mark.
Muttley79 may be able to clarify
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Which country are you in? UMS does not apply to linear A levels
rycbar.123
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Which country are you in? UMS does not apply to linear A levels
Wales, so doing my WJEC AS this year, and I'm just confused about do you get separate AS and A2 grades, do you know how well you did in each unit etc.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sorry I'm in England - you'll need to ask.

UMS - you actual exam mark is concverted into your UMS [unit module score] for each paper to balance out how easy/hard the paper was. In England we used to get a breakdown per module of UMS [teachers could access raw marks]
Wales, so doing my WJEC AS this year, and I'm just confused about do you get separate AS and A2 grades, do you know how well you did in each unit etc.
Last edited by Muttley79; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
28.09%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
34.83%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.99%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.37%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.62%
I’m starting to consider my university options (12)
13.48%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (3)
3.37%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed