The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology Topics Paper 1 2022!!!

Hey! I was wondering what topics came up this year for the AQA AS Sociology Paper 1?? Pls it would be much appreciated :smile:
i believe the 30 marker was on how policies have impacted achievement, so im guessing marketisation and policies that have helped to promote achievement.
i also believe that there was a 10 marker on gender, and then the 20 marker was on non participant observations from what i heard buzzing around school today.

hopefully the a level question is similar on monday... if the 30 marker is on globalisation i will be walking straight out of the exam :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by jellycat2004
i believe the 30 marker was on how policies have impacted achievement, so im guessing marketisation and policies that have helped to promote achievement.
i also believe that there was a 10 marker on gender, and then the 20 marker was on non participant observations from what i heard buzzing around school today.

hopefully the a level question is similar on monday... if the 30 marker is on globalisation i will be walking straight out of the exam :biggrin:

omg thank you so much for this! :smile: ahahaha same i will probably cry in the exam hall if i see a 30 marker on globalisation:smile:))))
Reply 3
Original post by jellycat2004

heyy sorry to ask again, do you know what the 4 marker was on in the AS paper? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by myii
heyy sorry to ask again, do you know what the 4 marker was on in the AS paper? :smile:

Hey, I sat the AS paper on Tuesday, the first two marker was to define comprehensive (or something close to that), there was another two marker but I can't remember the question, sorry 🥲. The six marker asked to briefly explain 3 criticisms of labelling theory. The 10 marker asked how changes in the labour market affected gender achievement. The education 20 marker asked to evaluate government policies and how they caused inequality and the methods in context 20 marker was about covert participant observation and how it could be used to study gendered behaviour.
I hope I could help 🙂
Reply 5
Original post by O.via
Hey, I sat the AS paper on Tuesday, the first two marker was to define comprehensive (or something close to that), there was another two marker but I can't remember the question, sorry 🥲. The six marker asked to briefly explain 3 criticisms of labelling theory. The 10 marker asked how changes in the labour market affected gender achievement. The education 20 marker asked to evaluate government policies and how they caused inequality and the methods in context 20 marker was about covert participant observation and how it could be used to study gendered behaviour.
I hope I could help 🙂

Omg!!!! Thank you so much!!! :smile: ALSO! I am using the student room app on my phone so i accidentally clicked on the report button!!! I am so sorry :frown: the app is so confusing when you are trying to reply :frown:

BUT THANK YOU this helps a lot :’)
Original post by O.via
I hope I could help 🙂

hey was this for the YEAR 12 Mocks, if so you have just helped me so much!!
I did the AQA Sociology paper 1 today (23/05/2022)4 marker-2 ways in which schools increase competition6 marker-3 ways education system is patriarchal10 marker- how do internal factors lead ti anti-school subcultures30 marker-how marketisation leads to greater choice and diversity in the education system20 marker-strengths and limitations of using group interviews to investigate subject chioce10 marker- i think it was on social values
Reply 8
Bro that paper was nasty
Exactly, group interviews and official statistics *. Im busy focusing on Marxism and functionalism just a feminism question to pop up 🤣

Quick Reply

Latest