The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level Sociology Families and Households

Hey guyssss!!

So I’ll be sitting my Paper 2 for families and households on the 27th and I just wanted to check if anyone was doing it too and if anyone has any tips on revising. I hope everyone has been doing well on exam and goodluck to everyone!
Reply 1
Original post by j_el.s
Hey guyssss!!

So I’ll be sitting my Paper 2 for families and households on the 27th and I just wanted to check if anyone was doing it too and if anyone has any tips on revising. I hope everyone has been doing well on exam and goodluck to everyone!

Hey, I'm sitting the paper on the 27th as well.
Because I'm struggling to remember some of the content I used the blurting method, where I basically write down everything I can remember about a topic in one colour then after I go back through the book and add in everything I've forgotten ina different colour, the notes in a different colour is then what I know I need to revise. For example, I'd write everything I could remember about childhood in a mindmap in black pen, I then go through the book again and write down the important things that I've forgotten in red pen.
I hope this was helpful!! And did you sit the education paper on Tuesday, how did you find it?
Reply 2
Original post by j_el.s
Hey guyssss!!

I also try to plan answers to 20 markers just to revise how I'd link my points together
Reply 3
Thank you so much for that!! And yes I did sit the paper on Tuesday and I found it pretty straightforward. I think the MIC essay threw me off a bit because of how specific it was to covert participant observations but other than that it was pretty good. How was yours??
Reply 4
Original post by j_el.s
Thank you so much for that!! And yes I did sit the paper on Tuesday and I found it pretty straightforward. I think the MIC essay threw me off a bit because of how specific it was to covert participant observations but other than that it was pretty good. How was yours??

Honestly, I think it was okay. I didn't find the MIC essay as difficult because we did a mock paper not so long ago and the question was very similar but I struggle with my timing a lot so i'm not a huge fan of the 20 markers in general. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending