Will I get my english language paper 1 q5 marked

Watch this thread
WannabeNerd21
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I wrote my question 5 story and as you know it asked something about "saving", I didnt say anything about saving but I ended with a cliff hanger with elipses hinting that my character could be saved. Will i still potentially get it marked right?
Cyborg 870
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Sort of the same situation here except my character saved herself from a witch although I only implied that but didn't directly say "she saved herself". I'm super concerned because my writing was really good but it didn't really correlate to the question explicitly
Anonymous1764764
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Need an answer to this. I did Section A relatively well and i think scored pretty well on there. BUT on Q5 I used the priest story but tweaked it. However, i stupidly forgot to make it a "life changing event" as he ended in hell. However, i included loads of ambitious vocab and punctuation but I'm sooooo scared i may lose marks as its not quite life changing, but at the start of the story he finds out he goes to heaven so could that be classed as life changing. but the fact he ends in hell really annoys me and i really hope to get a 7 minimum because that's my target.

Please can someone reply.
WannabeNerd21
Rep:
(Original post by Cyborg 870)
Sort of the same situation here except my character saved herself from a witch although I only implied that but didn't directly say "she saved herself". I'm super concerned because my writing was really good but it didn't really correlate to the question explicitly
mines more crucial! I wrote about a priest and in the end he is about to go hellfire but then a mysterious man comes and he gives advice to him on the last second before gates of hell open, but then i ended in cliff hanger, I honestly hope this gets marked i feel so stressed. Basically he could go heaven however the reader doesnt know if the priest wil be saved or not so Im really stressed
Last edited by WannabeNerd21; 1 month ago
WannabeNerd21
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous1764764)
Need an answer to this. I did Section A relatively well and i think scored pretty well on there. BUT on Q5 I used the priest story but tweaked it. However, i stupidly forgot to make it a "life changing event" as he ended in hell. However, i included loads of ambitious vocab and punctuation but I'm sooooo scared i may lose marks as its not quite life changing, but at the start of the story he finds out he goes to heaven so could that be classed as life changing. but the fact he ends in hell really annoys me and i really hope to get a 7 minimum because that's my target.

was it AQA exam?
Anonymous1764764
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WannabeNerd21)
was it AQA exam?
yes
Anonymous1764764
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i mean i did include an elemnet of life saving opppoirtunity when my character found out he was going to heaven and before he was in a grave.
Anonymous1764764
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
was it AQA exam?
u think i can still get high marks as i bombarded my exam paper with ambitious vocab and punct
WannabeNerd21
Rep:
u think i can still get high marks as i bombarded my exam paper with ambitious vocab and punct
yeah ofc you can, I dont think you should worry about it
Cyborg 870
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

I feel the same smh, I'm super stressed about it I did lots of ambitious vocab and language techniques in my writing but I wrote it based on the picture, not life saving I only implied that my character saved their own life from a witch, but I didn't directly say it
Anonymous1764764
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yeah ofc you can, I dont think you should worry about it
I used this plot but wasnt the question on life changing or life saving, so u think id still get high marks despite my answer not fully answering question however, at the start the was a life change/ rescue when my character wakes up in dark room and finds out hes going to heaven???????
WannabeNerd21
Rep:
I used this plot but wasnt the question on life changing or life saving, so u think id still get high marks despite my answer not fully answering question however, at the start the was a life change/ rescue when my character wakes up in dark room and finds out hes going to heaven???????
its similar to my story , but bro its a sticky one depends on examiner tbh
Lukey0121
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I wrote my question 5 story and as you know it asked something about "saving", I didnt say anything about saving but I ended with a cliff hanger with elipses hinting that my character could be saved. Will i still potentially get it marked right?
Unfortunately you wont get disqualified but you will be losing 20 marks, so max you can get is 20/40 in creative writing.
WannabeNerd21
Rep:
(Original post by Lukey0121)
Unfortunately you wont get disqualified but you will be losing 20 marks, so max you can get is 20/40 in creative writing.
1) technically, isnt it life-saving rescue, that the priest has been resurrected in afterlife by God and he is about to attain salvation
2) secondly i ended it in a cliff hanger so the priest could go heaven or hell it depends, but it might be hinted that he isnt going hell
3) it always seemed throughout the story that the priest is going to be rescued, so it could be relevant to the question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads