The Student Room Group

HELP! I think I've messed up Lang paper 1. AQA GCSE

Hi all,
Language paper 1 was not fun, for me anyway. Personally I hated the source I found it so bland and dry. I found it had a lack of many language devices. Furthermore, the picture for Q5 was dreadful and i think I messed it up. 😭 I wrote about a narrative for the picture when I think the question only asked for a description 😭. I'm so worried I'm going to get no marks on the highest marked question on the paper. This feels absolutely horrible and normally I'm a grade 7/8 student! In all my mocks I received those grades 7/8 but now i think I'm not even going to get a 5! How would examiners treat my work? It's somewhat related to the picture but not complete relation and it was a narrative not description, I think I've messed up hard. Heartbroken
They expect you to write a narrative no matter which question you answer so don't worry about that. In fact the picture said as suggested by this picture so it really doesn't have to link that closely. Personally, I wrote about sibilance, semantic fields and pace for question 1. Then the in media res, climax, juxtaposition and foreshadowing for question 2 and a mix for question 4 but as long as you mentioned vague methods like verbs or focus shifts you'll be fine. I also thought the extract was a bit dry but I'm sure it'll be fine. Don't worry and just prepare for paper 2 - easier said than done I know.
Reply 2
Original post by chloe257
They expect you to write a narrative no matter which question you answer so don't worry about that. In fact the picture said as suggested by this picture so it really doesn't have to link that closely. Personally, I wrote about sibilance, semantic fields and pace for question 1. Then the in media res, climax, juxtaposition and foreshadowing for question 2 and a mix for question 4 but as long as you mentioned vague methods like verbs or focus shifts you'll be fine. I also thought the extract was a bit dry but I'm sure it'll be fine. Don't worry and just prepare for paper 2 - easier said than done I know.

Thanks for the support and advice! :smile:
Hey I know its been a while but I was just wondering how you got on. Hopefully everything went alright for you!
Reply 4
Original post by chloe257
Hey I know its been a while but I was just wondering how you got on. Hopefully everything went alright for you!

Hey there, thanks for checking up and I can't believe I've only just seen this, it's been a year ☠️( Shows how much I use student room 😅). Thankfully everything went well in the end and I ended up getting a grade 7 which I am very happy with and it allowed me to get into my desired sixthform!

Quick Reply

Latest