Mental Heath at Exeter

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I'm trying to decide between two uni offers to study next year. I'm in recovery from an eating disorder and just want to feel confident that the uni that I choose is going to be supportive - does anyone know what kind of help Exeter offers? Thank you!!
tw559
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! I'm trying to decide between two uni offers to study next year. I'm in recovery from an eating disorder and just want to feel confident that the uni that I choose is going to be supportive - does anyone know what kind of help Exeter offers? Thank you!!
The Wellbeing website at Exeter can be found here which has most of the information. I can't comment on the support they'll give for eating disorders, but they've been pretty decent for helping out with ASD. Feel free to get in contact with them to ask more about what help they offer, and if you have any other questions for me, just ask!
ExeterStudentRep
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,

The university of Exeter has a great Wellbeing team who are on hand to help students to access the support they need. I have used the well being services during my time at Exeter, for very similar reasons, and have found them to be very efficient, unjudgmental and kind in the way they approach mental health amongst their student population. I will put a link to the support the university offers specifically for Eating Disorders here- https://www.exeter.ac.uk/students/we...ersitysupport/ . There is also an Eating disorder peer support group specifically set up for students in your position, wanting a positive and supportive environment to continue their recovery.

I hope this gives you a little insight into the support offered by the university, if there is anything else I can help with please do get in touch.

Coral
University of Exeter Student Ambassador.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (17)
29.82%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
38.6%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.51%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.02%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.28%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.75%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.75%

Watched Threads