he doesnt initiate anything

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i finally asked this guy to meet up in person for a revision session to which he said yeh, but i said it as a suggestion and didn't confirm a day, i gave options and all he said was yeh. He hasn't taken any initiative to even ask something like hey so when we going etc, so idk what to think anymore, am i trying too hard?
I really do want to meet in person at some point, it seems strange that we haven't yet, but i don't want to be the one initiating everything. If he doesn't ask me imma have to ask him if he's coming or not which i don't want to happen as if he cared he should take more responsibility right?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
But if you care enough to ask him to meet up, shouldn't you take responsibility? Ask.him, and make it more than a vague suggestion.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
But if you care enough to ask him to meet up, shouldn't you take responsibility? Ask.him, and make it more than a vague suggestion.
i just saw this now, and i did exactly that and he said he doesn't want to meet. now i feel dejected and slightly played as he could've been clearer from the start and said no to begin with.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i just saw this now, and i did exactly that and he said he doesn't want to meet. now i feel dejected and slightly played as he could've been clearer from the start and said no to begin with.
Maybe he feels the same way because you didn't follow up! He's allowed to change his mind and it was only a revision session, not like you'd booked a champagne dinner for two that he rejected. If you are actually interested you could try again and offer a proper arrangement.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Maybe he feels the same way because you didn't follow up! He's allowed to change his mind and it was only a revision session, not like you'd booked a champagne dinner for two that he rejected. If you are actually interested you could try again and offer a proper arrangement.
I guess that's true, but honestly upon thinking about it, it seems like maybe he's slightly self absorbed and doesn't actually care about me much. Because he's never made any attempt to meet me, and he seems to like making things more about him sometimes. He selectively answers my messages too which i find rude so i feel it may be time to give up; there's only so much one can do.
It's clear that i wanted to meet him, and if he did want to make a friendship its on him to do it now because i feel dejected at how he's being now if im honest.
Briefprofile
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I guess that's true, but honestly upon thinking about it, it seems like maybe he's slightly self absorbed and doesn't actually care about me much. Because he's never made any attempt to meet me, and he seems to like making things more about him sometimes. He selectively answers my messages too which i find rude so i feel it may be time to give up; there's only so much one can do.
It's clear that i wanted to meet him, and if he did want to make a friendship its on him to do it now because i feel dejected at how he's being now if im honest.
👍Good call. No one is worth such mental acrobatics
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Briefprofile)
👍Good call. No one is worth such mental acrobatics
haha- mental acrobatics is a great way to put it! 😆
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads