Are Universities flexible with entry requirements?

Watch this thread
chloeuu
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I've applied for 2nd year start on a Digital Marketing course and received a conditional offer on the condition I pass my HNC course
I've failed one of my 13 units which is a core unit to passing the HNC so I can't pass it, but I've completed every other unit. The university i'm applying to has an acceptance rate of 85%, Is there a chance I could still be accepted onto my course? I'm having a bit of a panic at the moment so anything helps. Thanks!
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It'll depend on how many other people applied for the same course at the same university. If they have space, they might be flexible. If they don't, they won't be.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Which Uni?
chloeuu
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Which Uni?
It's abertay
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chloeuu)
It's abertay
Not competitive so you are likely to be okay.
chloeuu
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Not competitive so you are likely to be okay.
Thanks! I won't get my hopes up too high but I feel a bit better about my chances now
chloeuu
Rep:
(Original post by DataVenia)
It'll depend on how many other people applied for the same course at the same university. If they have space, they might be flexible. If they don't, they won't be.
That makes alot of sense! Thanks for letting me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
28.09%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
34.83%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.99%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.37%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.62%
I’m starting to consider my university options (12)
13.48%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (3)
3.37%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise