The Student Room Group

messed up on lang gcse

My creative writing was perfect but I ran out of time on the second bit. I included 6 quotes for the 5 marker, 7 quotes for the 10 marker, 8 quotes for the second 10 marker and I only did 2 quotes for the last one as I ran out of time. Can I still get a 6 if my creative writing was strong?
Honestly, I was surprised with the Q5 picture, my teacher had a feeling it was going to be an indoor kind of thing so i did revise some key techniques however i feel like every one had a main character, i just described the weather and stuff which was going on like a group of people came to this abandoned house, and a spooky figure scared them away. Q3 and Q4 were the worst for me though as i didn't do the structure right as i panicked and then question 4 i forgot everything about analysing so i just wrote whatever came to my mind,
Original post by ananonos29i
Honestly, I was surprised with the Q5 picture, my teacher had a feeling it was going to be an indoor kind of thing so i did revise some key techniques however i feel like every one had a main character, i just described the weather and stuff which was going on like a group of people came to this abandoned house, and a spooky figure scared them away. Q3 and Q4 were the worst for me though as i didn't do the structure right as i panicked and then question 4 i forgot everything about analysing so i just wrote whatever came to my mind,

Your definitely a different exam board to me hahaha i’m edquas but same I barely analysed at all I just wrote what I was thinking
Original post by fhjskssskbwhhw
Your definitely a different exam board to me hahaha i’m edquas but same I barely analysed at all I just wrote what I was thinking

i did eduqas how did u find it
Original post by jamest0394q
i did eduqas how did u find it

the extract was bad and I didn’t finish hbu?

i did Eduqas too but its the opposite for me since i liked the reading part better than the story writing

I did **** on the writing part but the reading extract was quite decent and I had 10 minutes extra to add on

youre on about the rachel and peter one arent you?
i thought it was alright
i had planned a draft so i used that which took me half an hour. this gave me time to go back and finish 04 and 05
My creative writing was perfect but I ran out of time on the second bit. I included 6 quotes for the 5 marker, 7 quotes for the 10 marker, 8 quotes for the second 10 marker and I only did 2 quotes for the last one as I ran out of time. Can I still get a 6 if my creative writing was strong?

Don't worry, I ran out of time on the creative writing part on the 4th paragraph. I didn't even make it on the same focus as the paper told me to; it was a cyclical narrative and I intended to add the whole topic at the end, but hey-ho.

I reckon you can easily get a 6, maybe even pull an 8 if your first half of your paper was top-notch and if the next paper you do is even better.

(Also, why did you use so many quotations???? I feel like I did something wrong now, LOL)
i thought it was alright
i had planned a draft so i used that which took me half an hour. this gave me time to go back and finish 04 and 05

yehhh the rachel one i didn’t even get to finish reading the exact act thoguh
i thought it was alright

Original post by jnkscypher
I did **** on the writing part but the reading extract was quite decent and I had 10 minutes extra to add on

I planned a story before so I was fine with that but
Original post by ttttthghhgh
Don't worry, I ran out of time on the creative writing part on the 4th paragraph. I didn't even make it on the same focus as the paper told me to; it was a cyclical narrative and I intended to add the whole topic at the end, but hey-ho.

I reckon you can easily get a 6, maybe even pull an 8 if your first half of your paper was top-notch and if the next paper you do is even better.

(Also, why did you use so many quotations???? I feel like I did something wrong now, LOL)

omg no don’t worry I only did so many quotations because I didn’t rlly explain them very well hahahah I think it’s more quality over quantity
only problem is i forgot to specify which part i answered for the creative writing
im worried about this but i hope they'll be able to figure out

Quick Reply

Latest