how much can your alevel history coursework help towards your final grade

Watch this thread
sarahkennedy
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
okay so basically in history i usually get 15/20 which i believe is B+ on the aqa usa paper (??) my coursework has been internally moderated and i got 39/40
if score 15/20 on my essays on the real exam, could my coursework push my grade up to a A??
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sarahkennedy)
okay so basically in history i usually get 15/20 which i believe is B+ on the aqa usa paper (??) my coursework has been internally moderated and i got 39/40
if score 15/20 on my essays on the real exam, could my coursework push my grade up to a A??
Depends on too many variables to give a definitive answer
1. Which specification; how much does the coursework contribute to the final grade?
2. Moderation; how reliable are your internal moderation results? have results been moderated down in the past?
3. Exam grade boundaries; how sure are you that 75% equates to a good B grade?

My understanding is coursework for many A levels is only 20% so that you'd need a very high B (very close to A) in essays to get an A overall.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads