LSE BSc finance application

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Question, I want to do BSc finance at LSE. I'm in year 12 and I'm doing computer science, maths, further maths, russian, econ and EPQ. I did my maths mock today and didn't feel that I did too well in it but everyone also said they did meh so I'm thinking the minimum I might get predicted for maths is an A. However, it says on the LSE website that if you get A* in further, A in single and A in another subject they will also consider your application. My question is, if I get an A* in russian since i'm fluent, will they accept this towards the grades?
nnpatel01
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
my boyfriend is currently a first year student doing BSc Finance at LSE. he did a levels in maths, further maths, economics, physics and accounting, and initially applied for Accounting and Finance as it was easier to get into than pure Finance. in his first week at LSE, he then asked to switch to Finance and they were more than happy to let him switch, as he met the grades for the course. LSE ask for a "mix of traditional subjects" and your subject combination is very solid. See if your school will predict you an A* for maths and then just work as hard as you can to achieve an A* in your actual a levels. I would also suggest applying for Accounting and Finance as you will most likely be able to switch to pure Finance later your a level combination is very strong and I'm sure you'll get into LSE, best of luck
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by nnpatel01)
my boyfriend is currently a first year student doing BSc Finance at LSE. he did a levels in maths, further maths, economics, physics and accounting, and initially applied for Accounting and Finance as it was easier to get into than pure Finance. in his first week at LSE, he then asked to switch to Finance and they were more than happy to let him switch, as he met the grades for the course. LSE ask for a "mix of traditional subjects" and your subject combination is very solid. See if your school will predict you an A* for maths and then just work as hard as you can to achieve an A* in your actual a levels. I would also suggest applying for Accounting and Finance as you will most likely be able to switch to pure Finance later your a level combination is very strong and I'm sure you'll get into LSE, best of luck
Thank you so much for your response, i really appreciate all the help. If you don't mind me asking, which grades did he get for his A level and what does he think of Finance so far? I was just thinking of using my Russian in order to have something to fall back on. Thank you very much for your advice again, I very much appreciate it
nnpatel01
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much for your response, i really appreciate all the help. If you don't mind me asking, which grades did he get for his A level and what does he think of Finance so far? I was just thinking of using my Russian in order to have something to fall back on. Thank you very much for your advice again, I very much appreciate it
no worries at all! i’m just going to copy and paste his message. he said:

grades: A*a*a*aa in maths econ physics fm accounting respectively. Finance is very interesting and the actual finance module is pretty easy as it’s just coursework for year 1. The Maths is challenging but as long as you do all the work every single week and keep a strict discipline it’s fine. Like my gf said you have a very strong subject combination and you should be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (13)
24.53%
As I expected (15)
28.3%
Harder (22)
41.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise