The Student Room Group

Speech advice pls for GCSE[distinction]

I have taken deleted this for e-safety purposes
Sorry for any inconveniences
:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
It sounds very opinion-based without many facts and statistics behind it. You also say 'she' to speak for every woman, but then use specific examples.

I suggest you say something like, 'In this culture, women are expected to follow the instructions of her father as a child, her husband as an adult and her son or other male relative in later life. In this culture, ... . And in this culture, ... . Gender inequality is a worldwide issue.'

You could also mention how to stop gender inequality, and things that are in place to bring an end to it. Public events, figures, etc. 'Why do we denounce other societies with misogynistic gender roles, only to have the same misogyny in this country, albeit in a different form?'

Additionally, delete the speech if you don't want it to come up in a Google search and then be disqualified for plagiarism. Good luck, though.
Reply 2
Original post by SagaciousSag
It sounds very opinion-based without many facts and statistics behind it. You also say 'she' to speak for every woman, but then use specific examples.

I suggest you say something like, 'In this culture, women are expected to follow the instructions of her father as a child, her husband as an adult and her son or other male relative in later life. In this culture, ... . And in this culture, ... . Gender inequality is a worldwide issue.'

You could also mention how to stop gender inequality, and things that are in place to bring an end to it. Public events, figures, etc. 'Why do we denounce other societies with misogynistic gender roles, only to have the same misogyny in this country, albeit in a different form?'

Additionally, delete the speech if you don't want it to come up in a Google search and then be disqualified for plagiarism. Good luck, though.

Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending