Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was at OASC last month and have just received a letter saying I've to have a further medical assessment with a military consultant. Just wondering if anybody knows if this means I have made the grade at OASC, as would they send me for this if I hadn't? Or is it possible they would maybe wait to see if I am fit for service before assessing my performance at OASC? I know which would make more sense but that doesn't always follow so just wondering if anybody knew.

ReputationRep:
    They obviously have found something that they want to look at in detail. Anything of note in your medical history? Obviously we can't speculate on here. You had a medical at OASC, right? I've lost track of what goes on at OASC nowadays....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know exactly what they are wanting to look at. Had my medical at OASC but marked TMU until they got clarification of my medical records and now they want me to go for this further medical consultation. Not too worried about that part as it should be OK - and if not then there's not too much I can do about it anyway! I was more curious to see if it seems likely that I have passed the rest of OASC, as would they spend the time and money on this further medical without assessing the rest of my OASC performance? No real biggie, just wondering if anybody knew the script.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by head in the clouds!)
    Yeah, I know exactly what they are wanting to look at. Had my medical at OASC but marked TMU until they got clarification of my medical records and now they want me to go for this further medical consultation. Not too worried about that part as it should be OK - and if not then there's not too much I can do about it anyway! I was more curious to see if it seems likely that I have passed the rest of OASC, as would they spend the time and money on this further medical without assessing the rest of my OASC performance? No real biggie, just wondering if anybody knew the script.
    It probably means you have done well and this medical will be your YAY or NAY. Are you who I think you are with a new username?

EDIT: No I don't think you are.... did you have to postpone OASC because I thought you were originally going on May 11?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. thats someone else if im thinkin of the same person x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxRAFNurse2bxx)
    Nope. thats someone else if im thinkin of the same person x
    Yeah thought she might have had a username change...! But it's not.

ReputationRep:
    speaking of which. we arent aloud to change them anymore. its crap. mine is gonna be all wrong soon enough! Do have the powers/know anyone who will change mine?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxRAFNurse2bxx)
    speaking of which. we arent aloud to change them anymore. its crap. mine is gonna be all wrong soon enough! Do have the powers/know anyone who will change mine?

x
    Ask in AAM. They can change it but you need a good reason.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Yes, you will have met the basic standard for the branch that you applied for, however, that's not the same as being offered a place, you might still be a potential sift candidate. There is no point in putting you on the sift if your medical doesn't work out. So you are closer to a yes, but you aren't certain to get one, even if your medical results are positive.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys, thought that was probably the case. Was originally at OASC in May and got dumped after the exercise phase but got a call back to go down last month and finish the rest of the selection with 5 others which was great news!!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys, thought that was probably the case. Was originally at OASC in May and got dumped after the exercise phase but got a call back to go down last month and finish the rest of the selection with 5 others which was great news!!

Did they give you any reason for getting you back at OASC? Not something I've ever come across before.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, desperate for WSOp's!!! Said they had more places available than they had thought so got a few of us back - don't think its common but i'm not complaining! Had to do the hanger exercises again and everything after that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, desperate for WSOp's!!! Said they had more places available than they had thought so got a few of us back - don't think its common but i'm not complaining! Had to do the hanger exercises again and everything after that.
    For once the RAF circumstances work in the Candidate's favour!! Good for you, fingers crossed then.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.