Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I had a converstation with this guy. Finaly admitted to him that i have VERY STRONG feelings for him, but hes got a girl now. I'm not interfering with that, its his choice and we're still good friends(i care enough to try anything stupid).

but he said somthing to me that baffled me. i said "we cant pretend we were and are JUST pally and matey" HE SAID "no its obvious we are not JUST friends....what u and i have is so much stronger" so i said "then why settle for somthing less strong" and he says "its not less....its...just different"

He would never cheat on her(which i respect and wouldnt want). if he was a playa i'd think he was trying to minipulate things but hes not. So it makes it harder to understannd

Does any1 get that? s

ReputationRep:
    i get what you are saying and i kind of get what he is saying. it's a tough one.

maybe you should wait it out about? maybe things with this other girl won't work out?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe ask him what the heck he means by it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerMarshmallow)
    Maybe ask him what the heck he means by it all

yeah that's a good idea. maybe try that!

ReputationRep:
    Why is he still going out with the other girl then?

Talk to him about this, especially if you're so close. Also just because you told him that you have very strong feelings for him, that ensures that you can't just go on the way you were, I should think that played a part in his declaration? But if you are that special to him then he should end his relationship with his current girlfriend and start going out with you. Unless he loves her but likes having you as an incredibly close friend and wants ti both ways. (Does that not bother you?)

ReputationRep:
    tbh it just sounds like he wants to have his cake and eat it too. Instead of giving you a straightforward answer, he's making you hold on by saying, we're more than friends but I'm still with this girl and I can't leave her... but if things don't work out, then wahey for me and you!

But I'm a little sceptic and pissed today for my own reasons so maybe you should just ask him to explain himself better.

(Original post by wholenewworld)
    Why is he still going out with the other girl then?

Talk to him about this, especially if you're so close. Also just because you told him that you have very strong feelings for him, that ensures that you can't just go on the way you were, I should think that played a part in his declaration? But if you are that special to him then he should end his relationship with his current girlfriend and start going out with you. Unless he loves her but likes having you as an incredibly close friend and wants ti both ways. (Does that not bother you?)

Cant lie i wish he was with ME instead loll but I love bein around him so much, like i said hes my best friend (i would normally be goin to HIM for advice but i cant now coz hes the issue ).

and hes only known her a few months so i DOUBT its love already. Their still at their 'honeymoon stage' though, whereas him and i are past that, debates , arguments, seein each uvas bad sides and all.

Dijobla, I TOTALLY relate. Sometimes i wish he would just say "i dont see you like that, things are NEVER gonna happen" i'd be crushed but i'd know. if you know what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Cant lie i wish he was with ME instead loll but I love bein around him so much, like i said hes my best friend (i would normally be goin to HIM for advice but i cant now coz hes the issue ).

and hes only known her a few months so i DOUBT its love already. Their still at their 'honeymoon stage' though, whereas him and i are past that, debates , arguments, seein each uvas bad sides and all.

Dijobla, I TOTALLY relate. Sometimes i wish he would just say "i dont see you like that, things are NEVER gonna happen" i'd be crushed but i'd know. if you know what i mean.

So have you actually been an item already and then split up?

No, we was pretty much like a couple at one point though, although not officially but then i had some problems (personal issues and depression) and he did too and it distanced us a bit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.