The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath or Bristol University?

Hi, I've applied for international business with French at Bath and Bristol and I can not decide which!

I need AAB for Bath and AAA for Bristol, I'm not sure if I want city or campus.

- I prefer the course at Bath but I'm not sure which departments are best,
- Went to the open day for Bath and loved it but didn't get chance to go to the open day at Bristol. Only briefly visited.
- Cheaper accommodation at Bristol than Bath and I know this doesn't reallyyy matter but Bath is not a Russel group?

Anyone have any opinions about the place/ departments/ uni in general- it would be really appreciated :smile:
Bath.
The placements system is one of the best in the UK, and this can add hugely tp your graduate CV.
Its a smaller, cosier, campus Uni with a lovely village feel. Best Uni Sports facilities - Team GB train here.
Its in Bath - cafes, pubs, theatres, music, riverside, great shopping, and its stunningly beautiful - you will love living here.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by McGinger
Bath.
The placements system is one of the best in the UK, and this can add hugely tp your graduate CV.
Its a smaller, cosier, campus Uni with a lovely village feel. Best Uni Sports facilities - Team GB train here.
Its in Bath - cafes, pubs, theatres, music, riverside, great shopping, and its stunningly beautiful - you will love living here.

All very true! Thank you :smile:
(Original post by loulouloull)All very true! Thank you :smile:

Original post by loulouloull
All very true! Thank you :smile:

Hey! No way, I've firmed the exact same course at Bath! I chose Bath over Bristol because the course looked better and the placement opportunities in 3rd year for the course at Bath are really good! I also prefer a smaller city and when i went to visit Bath i fell in love with it! Let me know your insta, because we've got a groupchat if you're not already in it :smile:
Original post by florallouisa
(Original post by loulouloull)All very true! Thank you :smile:

Hey! No way, I've firmed the exact same course at Bath! I chose Bath over Bristol because the course looked better and the placement opportunities in 3rd year for the course at Bath are really good! I also prefer a smaller city and when i went to visit Bath i fell in love with it! Let me know your insta, because we've got a groupchat if you're not already in it :smile:

Hey! Really that makes a lot of sense- the course is really good at Bath and such a beautiful place! I am leaning more towards Bath tbh so might just firm that. I would love to be in the group chat but I have done a deferred entry so wouldn't be in the same year unfortunately :frown:
Original post by loulouloull
Hi, I've applied for international business with French at Bath and Bristol and I can not decide which!

I need AAB for Bath and AAA for Bristol, I'm not sure if I want city or campus.

- I prefer the course at Bath but I'm not sure which departments are best,
- Went to the open day for Bath and loved it but didn't get chance to go to the open day at Bristol. Only briefly visited.
- Cheaper accommodation at Bristol than Bath and I know this doesn't reallyyy matter but Bath is not a Russel group?

Anyone have any opinions about the place/ departments/ uni in general- it would be really appreciated :smile:

Hi there! My name is Leah and I am a final year chemical engineering student at the University of Bath. Unfortunately I do not know anything about your course at Bath but I can comment on the the University of Bath.

Firstly, my biggest piece of advice is to make sure the course is right for you. Ultimately this is what you will be spending the majority of your time at uni doing, so it's important to make sure you will enjoy it. What is the exam / coursework split and does this align with your preferences? How much flexibilty do you have with the modules and do the optional modules interest you? What is the placement scheme like and how much support do you get?

Whilst being fairly close (10/15 minutes away by train), Bath and Bristol are very different places. Bath is a small city (really more of a town) whereas Bristol is a big city. I am not a big city person so Bath was a perfect size for me and I felt really at home when I went to visit. There is plenty going on a busy high-street with lots of shops, pubs and bars, nightclubs and lots of cultural activities. As I am sure you are aware, Bath is very popular tourist attraction it is very pretty and I love living there. Some people find that Bath can be quite small particularly if you are used to living in a big city. You will find club nights nearly every night of the week, with 2 SU nights on campus a week. However, the clubs are fairly small. Many students will go to Bristol for a night out, where you can find much bigger clubs.

Deciding whether you want a campus or city is a tricky decision as they offer quite a different experience. Unlike a city University, all of the University of Bath buildings are located on campus (with the exception of few accommodation buildings and a study space in the city centre). This makes for a campus ‘bubble’ as I would call it. Everything you need is on campus, including shops and excellent sports facilities. There is such a lovely community feel on campus which I fell in love with when I went to visit. The Student’s Union is also very good there are so many societies, sports and volunteering opportunities to get involved with. I would highly recommend getting involved when you start as it’s a great way to meet new people.

I hope this helps - if you have any specific questions please let me know!

Leah
Final Year Chemical Engineering
Firmed International Management with French at Bath Uni.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by florallouisa
x

Please be aware that it is against the TSR terms of use to invite or solicit invitations from others to offsite communications platforms. This is for a variety of reasons, including principally safeguarding ones.

Quick Reply

Latest