Bath or Bristol university?

Watch this thread
loulouloull
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I've applied for international business with French at Bath and Bristol and I can not decide which!

I need AAB for Bath and AAA for Bristol, I'm not sure if I want city or campus.

- I prefer the course at Bath but I'm not sure which departments are best,
- Went to the open day for Bath and loved it but didn't get chance to go to the open day at Bristol. Only briefly visited.
- Cheaper accommodation at Bristol than Bath and I know this doesn't reallyyy matter but Bath is not a Russel group?

Anyone have any opinions about the place/ departments/ uni in general- it would be really appreciated
unidropouttt
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by loulouloull)
Hi, I've applied for international business with French at Bath and Bristol and I can not decide which!

I need AAB for Bath and AAA for Bristol, I'm not sure if I want city or campus.

- I prefer the course at Bath but I'm not sure which departments are best,
- Went to the open day for Bath and loved it but didn't get chance to go to the open day at Bristol. Only briefly visited.
- Cheaper accommodation at Bristol than Bath and I know this doesn't reallyyy matter but Bath is not a Russel group?

Anyone have any opinions about the place/ departments/ uni in general- it would be really appreciated
I wouldn't be concerned about the non Russel Group status of the university of Bath. It is widely considered as one of the top universities in the country alongside recognition internationally, even more so than Bristol. I studied at Bath and being a campus uni can be very settling in first year as you are based on campus, minutes away from all lecture theatres. In terms of the location, Bath as a city is probably the most picturesque and tranquil place to reside with Bristol possible being quite the opposite. If the nightlife is something you are factoring in to your decision then Bristol heavily outweighs Bath in that department. Bath is renowned for being an expensive part of the country and this is reflected in the student accommodation where you get far less than you pay for in comparison to other universities. Overall, both are extremely valid universities but would encourage visits to Bristol before making your final decision.
alicegrainger04
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hi!
I applied to bath and bristol for international business with Spanish and firmed Bristol
I was offered AAB from bath (with an A in Spanish) and ABB from Bristol because I was eligible for a contextual offer.
I chose bristol because of the lower grades and because I thought it was a more lively city and I just liked the vibe ahah
unidropouttt
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alicegrainger04)
hi!
I applied to bath and bristol for international business with Spanish and firmed Bristol
I was offered AAB from bath (with an A in Spanish) and ABB from Bristol because I was eligible for a contextual offer.
I chose bristol because of the lower grades and because I thought it was a more lively city and I just liked the vibe ahah
100% correct in terms of the liveliness between cities. Most students from Bath end up making the trip to Bristol for a night out after they experience Bath's underwhelming clubbing scene.
bl0bf1sh
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm currently at Bath, and I really like it – the city is lovely and the sports facilities are excellent!
Thought I'd say that you can get city accommodation; that way you get the perks of both campus and city. There are frequent buses to/from campus, and the walk is nice as well (a bit of a hill (good for the leg muscles though aha) but it's so pretty)
loulouloull
Rep:
(Original post by unidropouttt)
I wouldn't be concerned about the non Russel Group status of the university of Bath. It is widely considered as one of the top universities in the country alongside recognition internationally, even more so than Bristol. I studied at Bath and being a campus uni can be very settling in first year as you are based on campus, minutes away from all lecture theatres. In terms of the location, Bath as a city is probably the most picturesque and tranquil place to reside with Bristol possible being quite the opposite. If the nightlife is something you are factoring in to your decision then Bristol heavily outweighs Bath in that department. Bath is renowned for being an expensive part of the country and this is reflected in the student accommodation where you get far less than you pay for in comparison to other universities. Overall, both are extremely valid universities but would encourage visits to Bristol before making your final decision.
Thank you so much! This is really helpful. All true point- Bath is more expensive than Bristol but I agree with everything. Also fitting name haha did you drop out of Bath?
Last edited by loulouloull; 1 month ago
loulouloull
Rep:
(Original post by alicegrainger04)
hi!
Hey! That makes sense haha I would probs do the same if mine was contextual! Bristol does have a nice vibe I agree, both are so different but really like the look of both- it's making my decision so hard ahah
loulouloull
Rep:
100% correct in terms of the liveliness between cities. Most students from Bath end up making the trip to Bristol for a night out after they experience Bath's underwhelming clubbing scene.
True- I do want to have fun but although I would enjoy going out I am not a heavy drinker on nights out and I know Bristol has a reputation for that and that sort of thing? So would I be a misfit in that sense?
loulouloull
Rep:
(Original post by bl0bf1sh)
Hi, I'm currently at Bath, and I really like it – the city is lovely and the sports facilities are excellent!
Thought I'd say that you can get city accommodation; that way you get the perks of both campus and city. There are frequent buses to/from campus, and the walk is nice as well (a bit of a hill (good for the leg muscles though aha) but it's so pretty)
Hey! That is good to hear. I didn't know that actually that is good to know, is it more expensive than student accom tho?
bl0bf1sh
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey! That is good to hear. I didn't know that actually that is good to know, is it more expensive than student accom tho?
some of the university-owned accommodation for first years is in the city, so the prices are about the same as up at campus – obviously depends on en-suite etc.
for more info on accommodation:
https://www.bath.ac.uk/student-accom...ation-options/
unidropouttt
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
True- I do want to have fun but although I would enjoy going out I am not a heavy drinker on nights out and I know Bristol has a reputation for that and that sort of thing? So would I be a misfit in that sense?
No not necessarily, I am sure you will find like minded people wherever you go that also enjoy going out but don't want to drink heavily.
unidropouttt
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much! This is really helpful. All true point- Bath is more expensive than Bristol but I agree with everything. Also fitting name haha did you drop out of Bath?
No problem. Haha, yes unfortunately I did end up dropping out of Bath, but would never deter people from going there I only had great experiences there. My decision was more of a realisation of what I actually wanted to do with life and if I could've stayed there I would have done. Glad it was helpful, all the best with your decision.
loulouloull
Rep:
(Original post by bl0bf1sh)
some of the university-owned accommodation for first years is in the city, so the prices are about the same as up at campus – obviously depends on en-suite etc.
for more info on accommodation:
https://www.bath.ac.uk/student-accom...ation-options/
Thank you so much! I will check that out
loulouloull
Rep:
No problem. Haha, yes unfortunately I did end up dropping out of Bath, but would never deter people from going there I only had great experiences there. My decision was more of a realisation of what I actually wanted to do with life and if I could've stayed there I would have done. Glad it was helpful, all the best with your decision.
No not necessarily, I am sure you will find like minded people wherever you go that also enjoy going out but don't want to drink heavily.
Thank you! That makes sense
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.02%
As I expected (72)
31.03%
Harder (87)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.45%

Watched Threads