I don’t attract men it’s as though they think I’m creepy

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m female and rubbish when it comes to dating etc. I’m very quiet people say I’m quirky. I don’t know if it’s true or a myth that women have no problems getting men but it’s not the case for me. I get rejected a lot.. is this normal? For example I asked a guy I used to attend a sports club with if he wanted a catch-up (he had weeks before mentioned that we should have one). I asked him when I saw him and he looked put off and declined

I suppose I’m not great at communicating. I don’t know how to communicate in a normal way.

I’ve joined a dating site and get several messages but I tried sending a message to a new guy in a joking way. His height was listed at 6ft4 and mine is much less. I said ‘just curious is it true that tall men want woman to be a certain height lol’ he blocked me. I then realised it could have come across as rude though I didnt intend it to. I simply meant it to mean would he mind a short girl if he is so tall. I thought what a soft …. for blocking me lol

I’m older than a most people on here too I’ve had tons of practice but am no good at acting normal. I’m very much a witjdrawn introvert who lives alone in my own world but when I make an effort I come across as weird. My past collegue once asked if I was ok and said ‘I mean you are a bit weird anyway arnt you’, I looked and he said ‘well you are though arnt you’

Not sure what the …. I can do though
clarkenuttal
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
My genuine advice would be to be yourself. Way you described sounds that you are putting a lot of effort into this and while a person puts effort others can see it and it makes person putting effort look abnormal or un natural. Just try be yourself and communicate with your date as you would communicate with your friends and that should solve the issue
Meduse
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
The thought that you are inherently socially inept or awkward is only going to make things worse. Firstly, there's no point trying to be something you're not. You aren't the only person in the world to have been called quirky or to find communication difficult.

I would suggest trying to work on your social skills. Here is a website with some good advice (as a start): https://collegeinfogeek.com/social-skills/ . There's a ton of stuff online, including YouTube videos on this.

There'll be someone out there for you, it just requires patience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (7)
41.18%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
23.53%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.76%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
17.65%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads