The Student Room Group

Think I screwed up English Language Q5

I ran out of time during the question where it asked me to describe a story of a life-saving rescue. I only got to paragraph 4 and was doing very well, using all sorts of language and pathetic fallacy and whatnot. However, since the story was to be a cyclical structure that had the saviour appear in late paragraph 4, there wasn't really *any* hero. So I may as well have wrote about the complete wrong thing. How many marks will I lose? Will I get nothing?
you will get none, sorry
Not even if I used tonnes of language devices, emotive language, pathetic fallacy, etc.?
Original post by sketchyorpheus
you will get none, sorry
Reply 3
i dont think you'll get nothing if there were techniques a story is a story its your ideas. they might pick up where you were going. dont stress!
Original post by ttttthghhgh
I ran out of time during the question where it asked me to describe a story of a life-saving rescue. I only got to paragraph 4 and was doing very well, using all sorts of language and pathetic fallacy and whatnot. However, since the story was to be a cyclical structure that had the saviour appear in late paragraph 4, there wasn't really *any* hero. So I may as well have wrote about the complete wrong thing. How many marks will I lose? Will I get nothing?

Me too I also ran out of time. I did a different topic though. I thought I had more time than I actually did for Question 5. If it was a good story stay hopeful because you probably would still get full marks because you added in there a hero and that's better than nothing :smile:
Original post by Lalakicoka
Me too I also ran out of time. I did a different topic though. I thought I had more time than I actually did for Question 5. If it was a good story stay hopeful because you probably would still get full marks because you added in there a hero and that's better than nothing :smile:

I did the same, but I didnt make the man like a saviour, i called him a mysterious man. I hinted my character could be saved but i feel scared i might get 0

Quick Reply

Latest