Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I hope I don't offend anyone here, I don't mean to and my area at the mo is rather rough so...

Anyways, I've told a few people that I'm looking at Sheff Hallam uni and they say that the area is pretty rough and dangerous. However some say it's improved a lot in the past few years. Can people please expand on these opinions and let me know what Sheffield is really like?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is a great place!

Hallam isn't in the nicest part of town (uni FTW :p:) but it is certainly not in a scummy part. In fact the Eccleshall campus is in a rather pleasant area IIRC.

Having lived here for 2 and half years its a really lovely place. :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    It's as dangerous as any other city. If you're looking at going to any city uni, anything you can say about Sheffield can apply to any other city. Just be sure not to walk home alone down unlit roads and other common sense things...

What course are you looking at? Healthcare and psychology (I think!) are still at Collegiate campus, which is lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suek)
    It's as dangerous as any other city. If you're looking at going to any city uni, anything you can say about Sheffield can apply to any other city. Just be sure not to walk home alone down unlit roads and other common sense things...

What course are you looking at? Healthcare and psychology (I think!) are still at Collegiate campus, which is lovely
    Maths+teaching. Think it's at the main campus.

Thanks btw you two

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.