The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language 2022 AQA Exam

I used the priest plot for my GCSE exam, I've never, in my life seen the video where the guy writes it so im 100% sure that nothing I wrote can be found in his story, however some people are saying that you'll get disqualified if you even did the priest plot someone plsplspls help me.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Urfavimmigrant
I used the priest plot for my GCSE exam, I've never, in my life seen the video where the guy writes it so im 100% sure that nothing I wrote can be found in his story, however some people are saying that you'll get disqualified if you even did the priest plot someone plsplspls help me.

i think as long as u didn't copy his writing you'll be fine but they might cut off some marks for originality since quite a lot of ppl probably went with that theme cuz the video is rly popular - as long as what u wrote was your own words tho hopefully you'll be ok! and good luck with the rest of ur exams! :smile:
you won’t be disqualified but there’s a chance you may get marked down since so much people did the exact same plot the examiners are going to be looking for originality yk
how many marks would you say you would be marked down for the originality point but surely if your description and if you added in/changed things in would counteract that because it would be original in that sense and everyone writes different things?
(edited 1 year ago)
about 20 marks dahlia
(edited 1 year ago)

not saying ur going to lose 20 marks because i highly doubt that but because loads of people used the same plot the examiners are going to be marking higher for those who used their own plot
Original post by jennaa21
not saying ur going to lose 20 marks because i highly doubt that but because loads of people used the same plot the examiners are going to be marking higher for those who used their own plot

perhaps but if someone used their own plot and wrote a terrible piece and someone wrote the priest plot and wrote a great piece, its self-explanatory who's getting more marks.
Original post by dahlia06
perhaps but if someone used their own plot and wrote a terrible piece and someone wrote the priest plot and wrote a great piece, its self-explanatory who's getting more marks.

thats true but they would also consider the fact the better written piece used a plot that thousands of students also used so
Hi, I just sat my English exam yesterday and the day before the exam I had watched a video from my salles youtube channel and there was a setting paragraph that he said we can memorize and write for our descriptive writing and I wrote the rest of my own plot however I forgot to change up the words a bit and now I'm really concerned if I'm going to get disqualified or I will be marked down or what will happen I am really worried?
thats true but they would also consider the fact the better written piece used a plot that thousands of students also used so

copying a plot shouldn't change the way the examiners mark papers, in the past there have been thousands of students writing a similar description to others as said by mr everything english who was an examiner. everything else in the story is created by the students- teachers usually teach children a certain way to write for description or a plot idea for story but that doesn't make them less credible. honestly there's no point talking about this because the exam was done and we never know what will happen
gl to the rest of ur exams :smile:

Original post by taha.su8
Hi, I just sat my English exam yesterday and the day before the exam I had watched a video from my salles youtube channel and there was a setting paragraph that he said we can memorize and write for our descriptive writing and I wrote the rest of my own plot however I forgot to change up the words a bit and now I'm really concerned if I'm going to get disqualified or I will be marked down or what will happen I am really worried?

hello, don't worry about it. the exam is done and if the rest of ur plot is fine you should be good- i can't visualise examiners downgrading a story because of a paragraph because its similar to other yr11s. what i'd say is comment your question on a video by mr salles and he might reply :smile:

good luck!
I've been searching through alot of pages and all I see that it counts as plagiarization and students wont be graded and will be given a U and also wont be given a grade for any other papers they do from the same exam board
copying a plot shouldn't change the way the examiners mark papers, in the past there have been thousands of students writing a similar description to others as said by mr everything english who was an examiner. everything else in the story is created by the students- teachers usually teach children a certain way to write for description or a plot idea for story but that doesn't make them less credible. honestly there's no point talking about this because the exam was done and we never know what will happen
gl to the rest of ur exams :smile:

hello, don't worry about it. the exam is done and if the rest of ur plot is fine you should be good- i can't visualise examiners downgrading a story because of a paragraph because its similar to other yr11s. what i'd say is comment your question on a video by mr salles and he might reply :smile:

good luck!

thank you for this long message but obviously a lot of people are worried about this and its better to give a realistic view on the situation, copying a plot for a creative language task in an exam would obviously downgrade you because the whole point is to be creative - i respect your opinion so you should respect mine.
end of :smile:
thank you for this long message but obviously a lot of people are worried about this and its better to give a realistic view on the situation, copying a plot for a creative language task in an exam would obviously downgrade you because the whole point is to be creative - i respect your opinion so you should respect mine.

yw and yes a lot of people are worried so what's the need of worrying them more with false information, it isn't helping anyone. copying a plot wont downgrade you because everyone has a different take on it- perhaps youre frustrated that your story was 'original' but the truth is if a former examiner says it isn't plagiarising it isn't. the whole point is to be creative- you dont get 40/40 for a plot- it's your ideas based around it.
i was being nice and if you continue to argue then go ahead.
yw and yes a lot of people are worried so what's the need of worrying them more with false information, it isn't helping anyone. copying a plot wont downgrade you because everyone has a different take on it- perhaps youre frustrated that your story was 'original' but the truth is if a former examiner says it isn't plagiarising it isn't. the whole point is to be creative- you dont get 40/40 for a plot- it's your ideas based around it.
i was being nice and if you continue to argue then go ahead.

alright then - good luck to you for the rest of your exams
Original post by studycafe
i think as long as u didn't copy his writing you'll be fine but they might cut off some marks for originality since quite a lot of ppl probably went with that theme cuz the video is rly popular - as long as what u wrote was your own words tho hopefully you'll be ok! and good luck with the rest of ur exams! :smile:

Thank you so muchhh i've been stressing this made me feel a lot better!:smile:))
Original post by Urfavimmigrant

Don't worry you won't get disqualified, everyone writes differently in their own creativity so I doubt your writing would be the same as somebody else's. You may lose marks of originality but you will be able to make up for it. Focus on paper 2, you don't need to worry about paper 1 it is over and done with. Good luck!
Original post by mbxxw23
Don't worry you won't get disqualified, everyone writes differently in their own creativity so I doubt your writing would be the same as somebody else's. You may lose marks of originality but you will be able to make up for it. Focus on paper 2, you don't need to worry about paper 1 it is over and done with. Good luck!

Thankkk you, I will<3

It'll be fine don't worry, just focus on your paper 2 for now.

I also memorized his paragraph for my description and I'm also a bit worried

Quick Reply

Latest