Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What snackies do you like to eat at parties? Or do you avoid the snacks for fear of contamination/on a diet? :p: Just jokes, lol! Like what's the snack you're most likely to reach for at a party? If the options aren't listed in the poll, feel free to post here :cool:

Have fun,

Luv Danni x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    What snacks do you like to eat at parties? Or do you avoid the snacks for fear of contamination/on a diet? :p: Just jokes. Like what's the snack you're most likely to reach for at a party? If the options aren't listed in the poll, feel free to post here :cool:

Have fun,

Danni x
    Erm they have a weird pastry thingie with Tuna in the centre. That's a nice treat. But I can sit there eating Dip and Breadsticks for hours on end. Then again Nachos are another gooden. Grrr. I'm hungry now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToshTrent)
    Erm they have a weird pastry thingie with Tuna in the centre.
    A vol au vent I believe; I tend to reach for the crisps ("chips") since they make good ballast for the booze.

ReputationRep:
    Ummmmmmm... you won't know what this is but you'll find it in all parties here:
    http://morangoland.tripod.com/food/brigadeiro.jpeg = Brigadeiro (yummm)

ReputationRep:
    YOU CALL THIS A PARTY? YOU CAN'T CALL THIS A PARTY WITHOUT CHEESE AND PINEAPPLE ON A STICK! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I was at a party on Thursaday night. They had these cheese and ham things. It was pastry with a layer of ham and cheese, then another pastry layer and more ham and cheese and so on. Spring rolls are good. As soon as everyone heard there were spring rolls at the party, everyone stopped what they were doing and headed to the table.
    Cake is always good, but only if it can be eaten without icing and crumbs going everywhere. There are parties where there is a really nice cake, but no one touches it because it is too hard to eat without making a mess.
    carrot and dip is good. I find I only like corn chips and salsa when the salsa is hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    YOU CALL THIS A PARTY? YOU CAN'T CALL THIS A PARTY WITHOUT CHEESE AND PINEAPPLE ON A STICK! :mad:
    :eek: I knew I forgot something!

*rings the caterers* :rolleyes:

Will be all sorted within the next hour, Vlady :cool:

ReputationRep:
    The veg.
    At a recent kids party there was loads of cucumber/carrots/peppers/lettace etc around. And any fruit that I wanted. Very very nice...and none of the kids will touch healthy stuff
    (This isn't under dips as I don't actually have any dips...just the fruit and veg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galadriel100)
    I was at a party on Thursaday night. They had these cheese and ham things. It was pastry with a layer of ham and cheese, then another pastry layer and more ham and cheese and so on.
    Mmm, I know what you mean. I remember they had them at Baker's Delight when I used to work there a couple years ago, used to grab one before or after work, they're good

These days, it's smoothies :rolleyes: but I'm slowly getting over them too. Give us a few months, when Autumn/Winter arrives :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    The veg.
    At a recent kids party there was loads of cucumber/carrots/peppers/lettace etc around. And any fruit that I wanted. Very very nice...and none of the kids will touch healthy stuff
    (This isn't under dips as I don't actually have any dips...just the fruit and veg.
    Woah, you must be so healthy! Well I try to do that, but then my mind plays tricks on me by saying 'well if you have a party pie, it contains iron' :rolleyes: and generally useless but influencing stuff like that :p:

ReputationRep:
    "australian" chips or "english" chips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    "australian" chips or "english" chips?
    Aussie, I knew I should've written 'Crisps', teehee! Is that what you guys call them, chippies?? I wasn't sure about the English slang :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Woah, you must be so healthy! Well I try to do that, but then my mind plays tricks on me by saying 'well if you have a party pie, it contains iron' :rolleyes: and generally useless but influencing stuff like that :p:
    I'm not healthy. I try, but it doesn't suceed.
    it is when I work that I have my downfalls. From pulling an allnighter last night working on an essay I have managed to comsume nearly a whole pack of buscuits as I didn't have tme to cook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    I'm not healthy. I try, but it doesn't suceed.
    it is when I work that I have my downfalls. From pulling an allnighter last night working on an essay I have managed to comsume nearly a whole pack of buscuits as I didn't have tme to cook.
    Hehe I've done that before, cept with cereal

Anyways for the rest of you, yes - chippies on the poll certainly does refer to crisps if you're from England :cool:

ReputationRep:
    wot hapens if i like all of them hehe

coz i do....

ReputationRep:
    Jaffa Cakes!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    WHERE ARE APPLES:mad::mad:....on my birthday party mom made apple pies for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    WHERE ARE APPLES:mad::mad:....on my birthday party mom made apple pies for me
    Yum! Well they can be for desert :cool:

ReputationRep:
    SAUSAGE ROLLS!!!! *boo runs round in circles hunting for the aforementioned rolls of a sausage nature* :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    :mad: TRUE. :mad:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.