Student finance eligibility

Watch this thread
sal.gg
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I read somewhere that to be eligible for student finance you need to have lived in the UK for the past 3 years. I’m a UK national who has been living in the UK for the past 15 years. I was just wondering if my eligibility for student finance would be affected if I take a gap year to leave the country for 3 months, 6 months or maybe even the whole year for either traveling or staying with relatives in another country. I would still be considering my UK address as my permanent address but not sure if student finance would see that as me not having lived in the UK continuously for the last 3 years
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Temporary trips abroad don’t change your “ordinary residency”.

Just make sure you keep visas/tickets/contracts to provide evidence that any trip was temporary
Jen SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sal.gg)
I read somewhere that to be eligible for student finance you need to have lived in the UK for the past 3 years. I’m a UK national who has been living in the UK for the past 15 years. I was just wondering if my eligibility for student finance would be affected if I take a gap year to leave the country for 3 months, 6 months or maybe even the whole year for either traveling or staying with relatives in another country. I would still be considering my UK address as my permanent address but not sure if student finance would see that as me not having lived in the UK continuously for the last 3 years
Hi there,

PQ has advised correctly

Thanks, Jen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (5)
45.45%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (5)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (1)
9.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads