The Student Room Group

Is my work colleague obsessed with me?

I am in a bit of dilemma with my current situation with my work colleague… I believe he is either really attracted, f*cking about with my head or is borderline obsessed with me. Hence, why I have resorted to this forum for some advice and for those to share similar situations.

It all started about 2-3 months ago when I begun building rapport with my colleague during break times by chatting about general things and getting to know each other as a way of conversation. This colleague does not work in the same department as me, their work comprises of them moving around the work place frequently during their shift. So it always happened that I seen him when I was working or going on a break. It also always happened they where always in the same place as me at the same time. I didn’t get any weird vibes at this point I must say. Next, they added me on a social media messaging platform, which I accepted and they messaged with a lovely message (nothing weird). We have most colleagues on our social media for communication reasons so this wasn’t out of the ordinary. Things were normal until a week or so ago when things started to get sort of weird….

I recently passed my uni, got a new side job as well as passing other courses so he gave me a gift to say well done, which was quite a lot of things but it was all thoughtful so again, I didn’t think much of it. Now, things got strange. He constantly messages every morning and after I leave work, saying things like “you were so lovely and sexy looking tonight etc etc” with strange winky emojis and so on. Then he would message saying things like “he’s at work thinking about me and is getting aroused etc etc”. Things got worse when he asked if I want him to send a photo of his private region to me, which I declined and ignored.

I ignore theses messages and respond with very firm/sometimes harsh answers by saying things like “this is inappropriate and I don’t want this etc etc”. He didn’t send anything but continues to change conversation to sexual meaning of things, which has literally nothing to do with the question at hand. He would also say “we are both single so its just a bit of fun..” Etc. I am not one to get intimated easily (despite seeing him at work when I am in) as he always makes sure to be around when I am there. It is getting more annoying than anything as this isn’t behaviour you expect from another work colleague.

What makes things even weird is that I am 20 years old and this man is maybe around 50 something and they have children the same age as me sooo yes its strange. I by no means approve of work relationships and do not feel attracted to this man in any way.

He hasn’t forced anything or done anything inappropriate to me but I wouldn’t let him anyway as despite my age, I wouldn’t let anyone play around with me like that and I would report to my manager immediately if this was the case….

Is he thinking I am this stupid wee girl who is clueless, therefore if this man trying to take advantage of me or is he really obsessed with me? Has any young females experienced something similar to my situation?
I first had the impression that he was in love with you until i read that you are in your 20s and he is in his 50s. Now i do not know what to say.
Reply 2
Those kinds of comments and the sexual innuendos are more than inappropriate enough to me tbh. Especially the part where he asked if wanted those kinds of "pictures"

Just harassment at this point as he's not stopping even though you asked and don't want him to.
Original post by EliteGoldfish
I first had the impression that he was in love with you until i read that you are in your 20s and he is in his 50s. Now i do not know what to say.

Yes… it’s a strange one I must say..
just report him to the boss the fact you have said no and also him offering to send nude photos is very predatory even threaten to tell the police if he doesn't **** off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending