Maths👎

Watch this thread
Apolina66
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey this is slightly embarrassing, I’m in year 13 basically finished school now . But I’m resitting foundation maths again. First exam is this Friday , other 2 are in June. I’ve failed it like 4 times . I just want to get a 4 I always get 2s and 3s it feels impossible . I actually like maths and doing it but I just can’t do it … if that makes sense . Every single person in my family failed maths so I guess it’s not a change in the reoccurring pattern. But tips and tricks would be appreciated. If I get those results in august and get a 2 again I will be upset mainly because I don’t know how to go about resitting it again, if I go to university in September ( idk if they’ll even let me in without maths anyway now) but how would I resist it again. I hope I pass , I’ve been doing past papers and stuff but it feels like no matter what I do I just fail . I’m edexcel foundation maths . So if you can help me please do
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Use flashcards
GamerMan43
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Make sure you really understand and involve yourself in the concepts! I am praying for you.
dahlia06
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Apolina66)
Hey this is slightly embarrassing, I’m in year 13 basically finished school now . But I’m resitting foundation maths again. First exam is this Friday , other 2 are in June. I’ve failed it like 4 times . I just want to get a 4 I always get 2s and 3s it feels impossible . I actually like maths and doing it but I just can’t do it … if that makes sense . Every single person in my family failed maths so I guess it’s not a change in the reoccurring pattern. But tips and tricks would be appreciated. If I get those results in august and get a 2 again I will be upset mainly because I don’t know how to go about resitting it again, if I go to university in September ( idk if they’ll even let me in without maths anyway now) but how would I resist it again. I hope I pass , I’ve been doing past papers and stuff but it feels like no matter what I do I just fail . I’m edexcel foundation maths . So if you can help me please do
hello, im also sitting my maths edexcel paper on friday and later on
whatever tiers you do doesnt matter and it isn't embarrassing at all! do past papers, go to the topic, youre unsure of, search it up on yt, watch the video and re attempt the question. you should see your marks increase, do all the papers from 2017 on maths and keep at it, you'll do amazing and if you got any maths question on a topic i could help - just pm me
best of luck!
Tammie2345524
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Practice questions. The only way to revise maths is to practice maths. There are so many websites online that provide practice questions and answers for GCSE maths - corbettmaths.com is a good one. I'd recommend going through some past papers to figure out which topics you can't do, find a set of practice questions on those topics and work through them. There are plenty of videos going over every topic on YouTube if you need someone to explain anything to you. You could use flashcards if you need to memorise any formulae and/or exact values (I needed to know the exact values of cos(30), tan(60), etc) but you need to be able to solve problems to pass maths, not spout facts, so things like taking notes and using flashcards are overall pretty useless.
Slx.24
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
PPQ's are your best friend for exam technique, pressure and style. And for topics you don't understand flashcards and yt vids.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Apolina66)
How do you prepare?

These are good resources: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/course....ory=examboards

Find your exam board and there are questions based on the 2022 content
Apolina66
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by muttley79)
how do you prepare?

These are good resources: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/course....ory=examboards

find your exam board and there are questions based on the 2022 content
legend thankyou sm
5_ooo
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
use maths genie, its a website and the youtube channel called the GCSE maths tutor !!! also do timed practice/past papers if timing is an issue for you in exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
45%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
10%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5%

Watched Threads