Turn on thread page Beta

Just left my job watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The Office Manager was being a complete ***** to me and throwing a paddy so I thought **** it and just walked out without saying anything. Now that I have time to think about it...am I basically screwed? Can I still get paid the hours I worked? I've only worked there for 3 weekends but it was a crappy job with crappy pay. Would just like to know where I stand! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you are due the money for the hours you worked, although sometimes you have to be persistent in these kind of cases.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you had to give them a weeks notice to get paid? Usually the first month is probation period so you can get away with a weeks notice. If I had known we get paid by law even if we walk out, I would of walked out of mine last week! Ive only been there 3 weeks as well and leave next wednesday. I was very tempted to go like you did. xxx

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.