Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We've been told by our lecturer to read up on the Japanese control/protectorate over Korea, and I was wondering if anybody has any idea of a good, detailed book which deals with this? I have one book but it deals mostly from the beginning of Japanese interest to the signing over of independence in 1910, wheras it doesn't have much after that on life in Korea.

If anybody could help it will be verrry useful!

ReputationRep:
    Has the lecturer not given you a reading list? Send him/her an email asking for guidance, they love that kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    you could try chapter 6 in J.E Thomas' 'Modern Japan'....i'm doing the Meiji States programme atm so had some books out already and thats the only one i have that had a large section on japan and korea....

ReputationRep:
    just looked through my reading list -

Hilary Conroy - The Japanese seizure of Korea, 1868-1910: a study of realism and idealism in international relations

A Schmid - Korea between empires

Peter Duus - The abacus and the sword: the Japanese penetration of Korea - 1895-1910

hope some of those may be of use!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.