Sleeping before the exam

Watch this thread
Mariaa17u
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I cant sleep whenever i have an exam that day. I missed one of it because i didnt get sleep whole night even though i was ready for it I started panicking for no reason My next exam will be in 15 days so i am worried i just cant comprehend the fact of sleeping peacfully before the exam and that makes it harder to sleep Any tips for it?
rebelw
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mariaa17u)
I cant sleep whenever i have an exam that day. I missed one of it because i didnt get sleep whole night even though i was ready for it I started panicking for no reason My next exam will be in 15 days so i am worried i just cant comprehend the fact of sleeping peacfully before the exam and that makes it harder to sleep Any tips for it?
I had this problem when I was really worried about my first GCSE exams. I solved it by coming across the instagram account of a girl a few years above me in school who had died (i think by su1cide). Her account hadn't been deactivated and I creepily looked through her posts. It was clear that so many people loved her and she had so many friends, and it made me realise that her exam grades clearly mattered to noone after she died.
I could sleep after that because it made me realise that as long as I did everything I could to succeed (aka was a good/ not cowardly person) then I was doing the right thing and that's the kind of thing people talk about at your funeral.

Sorry that's totally morbid, but essentially my advice is to think about death to reframe your attitude to exams and so be able to sleep
Mariaa17u
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by rebelw)
I had this problem when I was really worried about my first GCSE exams. I solved it by coming across the instagram account of a girl a few years above me in school who had died (i think by su1cide). Her account hadn't been deactivated and I creepily looked through her posts. It was clear that so many people loved her and she had so many friends, and it made me realise that her exam grades clearly mattered to noone after she died.
I could sleep after that because it made me realise that as long as I did everything I could to succeed (aka was a good/ not cowardly person) then I was doing the right thing and that's the kind of thing people talk about at your funeral.

Sorry that's totally morbid, but essentially my advice is to think about death to reframe your attitude to exams and so be able to sleep
ohhh reading it really made me sad... yes you are absolutely right there sometimes thinking about death helps me in such situation but when i am extremely panicked i cant think of it anymore but still i have some time before the exam so i will try to think about it over and over again (by the way thank you so much for your reply)
Last edited by Mariaa17u; 1 month ago
rebelw
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mariaa17u)
ohhh reading it really made me sad... yes you are absolutely right there sometimes thinking about death helps me in such situation but when i am extremely panicked i cant think of it anymore but still i have some time before the exam so i will try to think about it over and over again (by the way thank you so much for your reply)
I mean maybe don't dwell on death all the time, it was mainly just a momentary realisation for me + the shock of realising this was the girl who had died (I had heard about it when it happened too)
elixirhtc
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think it is better to sleep well before your exam so you would be fresh and your mind would be cool ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads