can anybody help me with LinkedIn?

Watch this thread
marshmallowss
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I am trying to look on linked in for people who are taking the degree I am going to take. I want to see the possibilities to work with the degree. However, Linked In is being such a pain and won't let me view anyones profile. It's driving me crazy trying to figure out why. The message that pops up says "The profiles of members who are outside your network have limited visibility. To access more member profiles, continue to grow your network."
If anybody has any tips or knowledge on how to bypass this, I would be very grateful
penguingirl18
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Looks like people who aren't at least a 3rd degree connection won't be visible. If you google the error message, there are a few suggestions on how to bypass it.
https://www.linkedin.com/help/linked...ection?lang=en
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
First, kudos for actually giving the error message itself - lots of people would simple have said, "An error message pops up."

On LinkedIn, your full profile is only visible to people in your network: 1st degree and 2nd degree connections, plus group members.

So, try joining groups that you think the people whose profiles you're interested in would be members of. For example, if you were interested in becoming a dentist, you could try to join the Dentist Executives & Practice Owners Group.

Membership of that group would give you full access to other group members profiles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (16)
29.09%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
40%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.64%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.45%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.27%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
10.91%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.82%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.82%

Watched Threads