Missed my exam, now re-sitting in the exam in summer

Watch this thread
fawadh91
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I missed my final exam for a module as I had saved the wrong exam date, which might result in my marks to be capped at 40 % for that particular module when I resit in the exam in summer. This would result in bringing down my overall marks as I aimed for a 1st class. Will this have negative impact on me during my job search? Do employers still consider 2:1 or 2:2 (espacially those who have resit exam/ who have to retake the exam in the summer)?
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yes, employers still consider candidates who don't have a first class degree - although it will have a negative impact for potential employers who have a preference for candidates with first class degrees.

They'll only know about the fact that you had to resit one module if you opt to tell them.

I assume you've done the math and established that a capped 40% will drag your grade down to just below the magic 70%? Or are you just imagining a worst case scenario?

(BTW, it's a tad confusing that you've posted this in the A-levels forum.)
fawadh91
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by DataVenia)
Yes, employers still consider candidates who don't have a first class degree - although it will have a negative impact for potential employers who have a preference for candidates with first class degrees.

They'll only know about the fact that you had to resit one module if you opt to tell them.

I assume you've done the math and established that a capped 40% will drag your grade down to just below the magic 70%? Or are you just imagining a worst case scenario?

(BTW, it's a tad confusing that you've posted this in the A-levels forum.)
Good to know that those without first class degrees will still be considered for different roles.

I haven't done my math on that its just assumption plus as I have heard that those who resit in their exam after either failing or not attempting their exam will have their marks capped at 40% for that particular module.

Yeah, my bad, I should not have posted in the A-levels forum.

Thanks for the clarification and a bit of morale boost.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
a 2:1 is fine, a 2:2 will create sme problems as a lot of grad programmes say a 2:1 is a minimum - then again if you explain the situation they might wave it and plenty of places dont mind either way. at the end of the day degrees are solely used for sifting applicants, employers care about skills and experience much much more - trust me, despite having a masters i found it bloody hard getting my first job because i had little work experience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (32)
27.12%
As I expected (40)
33.9%
Harder (39)
33.05%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.93%

Watched Threads