The Student Room Group

Did I anything wrong?

I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday, and I don’t see what was wrong with me, I’d like to make use of this experience next time, I’m glad if you give me advice for me

I am a Japanese woman and my ex is a Danish man, we met through this app and had been dating for about half a year, it was a great time but for the last of us

The trigger of our end was a message he send me recently: I made a special Russian friend of a girl recently!
At that time, I was confused. In the value around me, when you have a partner, you should refrain from making a new friend of another sex without telling your partner(for convenience, I write so this time, I’m not sure about gay), and no doubt, you shouldn’t be intimate with them too much. So, no matter what he meant, what he had done was just the same as cheating on me. By the way, I had told him about this value when he followed my girl-friend’s Instagram without telling me

And I guess it may be because of his English expression, I felt very uncomfortable about this. He said ”She is very special to me” ”My current interest is her” “She and I share very deep feelings”
I asked him not to use such words sound romantic way, please think twice about his word choice, but he said “I can live with these words, I won’t change this”
I believe Kotodama(言霊), words have power in themselves, so it was very unforgettable for me

By the way, I asked some friends; a half-American friend and a returnee from England friend if you use “special” or “interest” to your friend, and they said they don’t use it because it’s easy to be misunderstood

Tell me about your opinion and give me some advice, thank you for reading this long sentences
To be honest, he's been looking for other women to talk to, and he thinks he's found the one. Those words are being used in a romantic way. Based on what you've said, you aren't to blame. He broke your trust by being unfaithful, so you were right to end the relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending