This discussion is closed.
F. Poste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
.. No matter how drunk you are, it is NEVER a good idea to climb out of windows.

I was throwing a party and.. err.. fell out of the window straight onto my head. I was quite drunk so I thought I was fine, carried on merrily.. But when I woke up the next morning I was sick and unfocussed with lots of pain so I called NHS Direct and they sent an ambulance, which was alarming. I spent the next few hours strapped to a bed getting x rayed and refusing to use a bedpan. When they found out I hadn't broken my neck, they told me I was staying overnight.. had a lovely visit from my friends, chatted loads on the mobile.. however I was kicked out at 1am! and here I am whining about my tale of woe.

So windows: Don't do it!! Falling on your head is not fun
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
.. No matter how drunk you are, it is NEVER a good idea to climb out of windows.

I was throwing a party and.. err.. fell out of the window straight onto my head. I was quite drunk so I thought I was fine, carried on merrily.. But when I woke up the next morning I was sick and unfocussed with lots of pain so I called NHS Direct and they sent an ambulance, which was alarming. I spent the next few hours strapped to a bed getting x rayed and refusing to use a bedpan. When they found out I hadn't broken my neck, they told me I was staying overnight.. had a lovely visit from my friends, chatted loads on the mobile.. however I was kicked out at 1am! and here I am whining about my tale of woe.

How did you manage to actually fall out? Were you like leaning out ??? :rolleyes:
F. Poste
Rep:
?
(Original post by AmericanChick)
How did you manage to actually fall out? Were you like leaning out ??? :rolleyes:
I was climbing out and I think I got caught on my skirt and just fell..
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was climbing out and I think I got caught on my skirt and just fell..
Congratulations of receiving a ban! That's one hell of an effort. lol
F. Poste
Rep:
?
(Original post by ToshTrent)
Congratulations of receiving a ban! That's one hell of an effort. lol
Not really, I just made a few innuendoes and bang!
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A party's not a party until someone falls on their head.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ahh the NHS what a wonderful system. Did they let you wander off alone at 1am? Bit of an odd time.
F. Poste
Rep:
?
(Original post by sublime_envy)
ahh the NHS what a wonderful system. Did they let you wander off alone at 1am? Bit of an odd time.
Yeah, they said basically, "you should go now, taxi number's on the desk, here's a leaflet bye!!". Thankfully my friends had their phones on otherwise I'd have been stranded outside college as they'd borrowed my keys in order to fetch me stuff in preparation for my supposed overnight stay!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, they said basically, "you should go now, taxi number's on the desk, here's a leaflet bye!!". Thankfully my friends had their phones on otherwise I'd have been stranded outside college as they'd borrowed my keys in order to fetch me stuff in preparation for my supposed overnight stay!
yeah they have done that to me before. Its pretty poor. My ex was stupid once and drank so much he stopped breathing. After checking him over they chucked us out at 5am and we had no money on us to get home as I had just jumped straight into the ambulance at our house. :rolleyes: I don't know what else they could do but leaving people who are stranded is a tad odd. I once went to A&E for something really bad and the nurse told me they only treat sick people. :mad:

Are you ok now though?
F. Poste
Rep:
?
yeah they have done that to me before. Its pretty poor. My ex was stupid once and drank so much he stopped breathing. After checking him over they chucked us out at 5am and we had no money on us to get home as I had just jumped straight into the ambulance at our house. :rolleyes: I don't know what else they could do but leaving people who are stranded is a tad odd. I once went to A&E for something really bad and the nurse told me they only treat sick people. :mad:

Are you ok now though?
:mad: That's really awful!

I'm okay thanks, head hurts a bit more than it did and I'm still confused and sore but otherwise coping! Will probably be better after a night's sleep.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:mad: That's really awful!

I'm okay thanks, head hurts a bit more than it did and I'm still confused and sore but otherwise coping! Will probably be better after a night's sleep.
did they give you any painkillers? lol so are you still drunk then? How high was the bloody window? You're really lucky
F. Poste
Rep:
?
did they give you any painkillers? lol so are you still drunk then? How high was the bloody window? You're really lucky
No, I didn't take any.. and no, I'm not still drunk! I only fell three feet but I did land smack on my head!! I'm glad I didn't break anything in my neck, the hour and a half in which I was forbidden to move was awful, couldn't withstand a while of that.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Aww... good to hear you're ok F. Poste *hug*
shootingstar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm sorry, this thread reminds me sooo much of that episode of sex and the city... where the coke addict falls out of a window...
M-J
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shootingstar)
I'm sorry, this thread reminds me sooo much of that episode of sex and the city... where the coke addict falls out of a window...
tht episode is so funny.......yea i once kicked a shoe out of a window, broke a pane of glass etc, but i havent managed to fall out of one.....how'd you do tht???
and why were you climbing out?
hk_1_kinobi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oookay! I'll keep that in mind, thanks and I hope you get better soon!
Kerry41
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Seems all drunk people cant feel pain immediately, take care next time
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

If you bothered to hire a private family doctor this wouldn't have happened!! :rolleyes:
oxymoron
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by M-J)
and why were you climbing out?
Since Kate probably can't remember that :p: ... she was climbing out because everyone thought it would be a good idea to hide from someone who had gone to the toilet (so he thought we had all left when he got back).
Even after banging her head, she was determined to hide, and said it didn't hurt at all - so nobody thought anything of it!

Hope you're OK now though
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When i fall and hit my head its always the ground that comes of worse... :banghead:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.5%
No I haven't decided yet (42)
21%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.5%

Watched Threads