I feel like **** how do I get over it?

Watch this thread
sid89-
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Recently, I had my RS exam which no one really cares about, but I tried really hard. I did a lot of revision, I would see my friends go to parties or play playstation and I would revise ,ignoring distractions,learn everything. It was definately working because I had learnt all of the content, but in the heat of the moment I didn't look at one questino properely which oucld lead me to lose a lot of marks unfortunately for a question I defo knew.
I regret spending so much time and not getting the A star I'm used to - instead im pretty sure I will get a comfortable A, ik this sound stupid and it is a great result, but it feels like it didnt equate to the effort I put in learning the hard content for the easy stuff to come up and me to slip up.
Those people that did enjoy themselve over the summer read that questino and probably got the marks
I jus dont know how to let go of the regrets as I dont really have anyone to talk to - I talked to my mum and she gave me the general advice which hasnt helped but I dont want to bother her.

It would be very much appreaciated if anyone can give tips for letting go of the past and losing regrest

Thanks!
Last edited by sid89-; 1 month ago
Arkcano
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Ask yourself one question. Can you go back into the past and change it. Not really (Unless a time machine exists). So what do you do? Learn from your mistake and make sure it doesn't repeat again. How long can you keep regretting this. Instead you should work on yourself and improve yourself .
quartz_quadrant
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I know this is incredibly frustrating, I've felt it before in a chemistry exam and it's not fun. But at the end of the day you have to remember exams are not designed to help you show off all your knowledge and hard work to an examiner, that's not their priority. It's more of a passing and ranking system. Sometimes, mistakes will happen and that's perfectly normal. At the end of the day, you're the only one who truly knows how much work you put in, and you should be proud of your efforts and resilience. Chin up, you've done well!
Last edited by quartz_quadrant; 1 month ago
Arkcano
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by quartz_quadrant)
I know this is incredibly frustrating, I've felt it before in a chemistry exam and it's not fun. But at the end of the day you have to remember exams are not designed to help you show off all your knowledge and hard work to an examiner, that's not their priority. It's more of a passing and ranking system. Sometimes, mistakes will happen and that's perfectly normal. At the end of the day, you're the only one who truly knows how much work you put in, and you should be proud of your efforts and resilience. Chin up, you've done well!
Exactly and no effort ever goes wasted. Those who work hard eventually do receive the fruit of their hard work. Don't get demotivated. Work even harder next time.
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sid89-)
Recently, I had my RS exam which no one really cares about, but I tried really hard. I did a lot of revision, I would see my friends go to parties or play playstation and I would revise ,ignoring distractions,learn everything. It was definately working because I had learnt all of the content, but in the heat of the moment I didn't look at one questino properely which oucld lead me to lose a lot of marks unfortunately for a question I defo knew.
I regret spending so much time and not getting the A star I'm used to - instead im pretty sure I will get a comfortable A, ik this sound stupid and it is a great result, but it feels like it didnt equate to the effort I put in learning the hard content for the easy stuff to come up and me to slip up.
Those people that did enjoy themselve over the summer read that questino and probably got the marks
I jus dont know how to let go of the regrets as I dont really have anyone to talk to - I talked to my mum and she gave me the general advice which hasnt helped but I dont want to bother her.

It would be very much appreaciated if anyone can give tips for letting go of the past and losing regrest

Thanks!
Don't be too hard on yourself, it sounds like you've put in a lot of work to prepare for your RS exam and I'm sure you'll do well despite the mishap of misreading a question. Keep your head up high and focus on doing well in your remaining exams. Also in future, try to give yourself some downtime and do things that you enjoy/to relax - obviously if you have exams coming up, you'll want to spend more time focusing on prepping for those. But either way, please take regular breaks between studying/revising.

Edit: Corrected typo.
Last edited by JT_888; 1 month ago
sid89-
Rep:
TYSM to everyone who responded this really helped.

Tysm guys this really helped. You're messages help me more than you guys think. Really appreciate it
Arkcano
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sid89-)
TYSM to everyone who responded this really helped.

Tysm guys this really helped. You're messages help me more than you guys think. Really appreciate it
Really glad our advice helped you. Take care and all the best for the future. If you need us you know where to find us
sid89-
Rep:
(Original post by Arkcano)
Really glad our advice helped you. Take care and all the best for the future. If you need us you know where to find us
You too my man thanks for the advice you really helped. Hope you succeed in life because you truly deserve it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (17)
29.82%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
38.6%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.51%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.02%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.28%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.75%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.75%

Watched Threads