UCL English Language Requirement as International Student

Watch this thread
abbytj04
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I’m an international student so I took the TOEFL test as a way to satisfy the english requirements for all the UK unis I applied to back in September but my parents insist that I must take the IELTS for Academics UKVI to satisfy UK’s government english requirement for the Tier 4 visa. So must I take the IELTS again?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Ask UCL if your toefl meets their requirements for your course.

Some courses and universities will only accept ielts vi, others will have more flexibility.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
And if the Uni accepts the English Language requirement so will British immigration etc,
On your CAS it will say that you have met the required standard in English - and that is all the Visa and Border authorities need to see.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abbytj04)
Hi I’m an international student so I took the TOEFL test as a way to satisfy the english requirements for all the UK unis I applied to back in September but my parents insist that I must take the IELTS for Academics UKVI to satisfy UK’s government english requirement for the Tier 4 visa. So must I take the IELTS again?
All universities have a number of ways of proving tou meet the English Language requirement not just Ielts. Here is what UCL accept

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-st...tional-student
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I would note that for some unis you would only need the UKVI version of the test if you were attending a pre-sessional English course (or similar) ahead of the actual degree. Otherwise any academic IELTS is fine and a UKVI version is not necessary for visa purposes either.

As above, best to check your unis guidance first though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads