aqa physics as level paper 1 2022

Watch this thread
Poll: How many marks do you think you got
The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.
Googleplex
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, just wondering how many marks you think you got on this exam. I think I got around 47.
abdirahmanmomo
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I do alevel physics and my exam is on the 26th I wanted to know if topics outside the advanced information came up and how many it was if it did come up
cc2k22
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abdirahmanmomo)
I do alevel physics and my exam is on the 26th I wanted to know if topics outside the advanced information came up and how many it was if it did come up
I can second this! Apparently there was a multi mark question NOT on the advance information??
abdul 580
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cc2k22)
I can second this! Apparently there was a multi mark question NOT on the advance information??
Did topics like waves and materials come up? Also, how hard was the exam in general compared to the previous years like 2018 and 2019
abdirahmanmomo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
that's was bound to happen because multiple choice questions are low tariff question what about the questions other than the multiple choice
Jackie_D1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There were full questions dedicated to materials and waves on the AS paper. My advice to A level pupils is to NOT place all your revision in the advanced info. The weightings were not accurate and topics not included made up approx 22% of the paper. Help yourselves out and revise absolutely everything.
Last edited by Jackie_D1; 1 month ago
fluffypoopies
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i have my a level physics exam on thursday, how would you guys rank the difficulty of this year’s as paper to previous years?
Abzdot
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This was expected. Low tariff questions are 1-2 marks which weren't mentioned on the advanced information. Anyway, I wouldn't be so worried about it because AS papers don't have a multiple choice section, so AQA needs to put filler questions in. Personally, after doing many past papers, I've noticed that you get around 5-6 questions with around 4-7 parts. Conveniently, this is roughly the same number of topics they've mentioned in the advanced information. Although, I will expect anything and everything to pop up in multiple choices, this is an A level physics paper, not a particles, electricity etc paper.
Abzdot
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fluffypoopies)
i have my a level physics exam on thursday, how would you guys rank the difficulty of this year’s as paper to previous years?
I think some questions are going to be somewhat straightforward, but others will have high levels of difficulty to "separate the As and A* students"
cc2k22
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Abzdot)
This was expected. Low tariff questions are 1-2 marks which weren't mentioned on the advanced information. Anyway, I wouldn't be so worried about it because AS papers don't have a multiple choice section, so AQA needs to put filler questions in. Personally, after doing many past papers, I've noticed that you get around 5-6 questions with around 4-7 parts. Conveniently, this is roughly the same number of topics they've mentioned in the advanced information. Although, I will expect anything and everything to pop up in multiple choices, this is an A level physics paper, not a particles, electricity etc paper.
There were a disproportionately high number of 2 mark questions; apparently question 8 was just 4x 2mark questions, which is absolutely unheard of for past papers. AQA have done a *****y job here.
Abzdot
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There were a disproportionately high number of 2 mark questions; apparently question 8 was just 4x 2mark questions, which is absolutely unheard of for past papers. AQA have done a *****y job here.
If you remember, what were the waves questions? Were they particularly difficult questions or basic ones, like Snell's law?
zhayl
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Im in the same boat as you guys. Just was wondering if any topics not on the advanced info came about in the first half of the paper.
Googleplex
Rep:
Yeah there were some waves questions about refractive index and wave speed.
abdul 580
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Googleplex)
Yeah there were some waves questions about refractive index and wave speed.
how hard was the paper compared to the 2018 and 2019 papers
Googleplex
Rep:
Personally, I found it much more easier than the 2018 paper and maybe around the same difficulty as the 2019 paper.
Damn neutrinos
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ry
Last edited by Damn neutrinos; 1 month ago
Damn neutrinos
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know what the proof of the existence of antineutrinos based on the graph question was on about
Multivitamina
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Damn neutrinos)
Does anyone know what the proof of the existence of antineutrinos based on the graph question was on about
I'm not sure but I said that the kinetic energy of the particles emitted is constant and therefore for the beta minus particles to have a range of kinetic energies there must be another particle with a complementary energy
fluffypoopies
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Damn neutrinos)
i said that the beta particles are emitted with a range of KE upto a maximum. therefore there must be another particle that carries away the remaining energy because energy has to be conserved overall
fluffypoopies
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Googleplex)
Personally, I found it much more easier than the 2018 paper and maybe around the same difficulty as the 2019 paper.
yeah there were no six mark explanation questions and tbh there were barely any theory questions at all, felt like it was mostly a lot of 2 mark calculations. i think that means paper 2 and 3 are going to be very hard lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (33)
33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (47)
47%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (19)
19%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1%

Watched Threads