Is the reputation of the LPC plus masters from BPP any good?

Watch this thread
Brahiti
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is the reputation of the LPC plus masters from BPP (I'm thinking of doing it in Cambridge) any good? Would it look good to employers and is taking it advisable?
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
The LPC is fine, they don't really care where you do it. A master's from BPP won't count for anything though. Waste of time and money. You'd be better off getting an LLM at an actual uni and doing the LPC at BPP (or wherever) when you need to (or even just not bothering with the LPC and doing the SQE instead).
Gmaster1980
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
The LPC is fine, they don't really care where you do it. A master's from BPP won't count for anything though. Waste of time and money. You'd be better off getting an LLM at an actual uni and doing the LPC at BPP (or wherever) when you need to (or even just not bothering with the LPC and doing the SQE instead).
No point in doing an LLM at a proper uni either really. It won't add much.
17Student17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Doing the LLM with it usually means you need a student master's loan (or a sponsoring law firm insists on the LLM part of it) so no particularly advantage to doing that part of the LPC at BPP unless you really want those letters after your name.
You need to first to check if you are under the LPC system or the new SQE system. If the former and you decide not to choose to be within the latter, then BPP is fine but the status of the institution does not matter in the same way it does with your first degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads