Advanced Computer science

Watch this thread
KHUSHI2512
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm considering my offer to Msc Advanced computer science at Exeter.
It would help to know how are the job prospects of this degree? I mean i am already working at Deloitte which I will be quitting for my masters..
So i want to know do companies like Deloitte and other consulting firms regularly recruit people from Exeter?
If not where are the graduates generally placed after this degree, from past records
UniofExeterRep 2
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by KHUSHI2512)
Hi, I'm considering my offer to Msc Advanced computer science at Exeter.
It would help to know how are the job prospects of this degree? I mean i am already working at Deloitte which I will be quitting for my masters..
So i want to know do companies like Deloitte and other consulting firms regularly recruit people from Exeter?
If not where are the graduates generally placed after this degree, from past records
Hi KHUSHI2512

It is great to hear that you are considering studying at the University of Exeter for your Masters. It is more challenging for us to say where students end up following their Masters as there is no formal route or obligation for Alumni to let us know this information at postgraduate level. We would expect students from MSc Advanced Computer Science to go into careers such as:

- Academic research
- Business Analysts, Architects or Systems Designer
- Cyber Security Professional
- Engineer
- Financial Accounts Manager
- IT Network Professional
- IT Quality and Testing Professional
- Programmer
- Software Developer

Regarding on the companies which recruit us, I would suggest you would be best placed to chat to our Careers team directly. If you go to the Careers webpages there is a live chat (positioned in bottom right of the screen). This should enable you to have a live chat with someone with a lot more insight in to careers and will hopefully be better placed to advise you.

Do let me know if you have any further queries I can help with.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads