not enough maintenance loan

Watch this thread
Anonymous 12623
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied for student finance to study at Warwick and I am not receiving any maintenance loan above the minimum. i live with my mum only in temporary accommodation so she has zero household income to her name. yet I have not qualified for the maximum loan or even a grant. I'm shaking because I don't know how ill survive at uni with this. my mum and dad are separated so his income shouldn't be taken into account - even though I did not put his details down and given solicitors proof that we are separated from him
Jen SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous 12623)
I applied for student finance to study at Warwick and I am not receiving any maintenance loan above the minimum. i live with my mum only in temporary accommodation so she has zero household income to her name. yet I have not qualified for the maximum loan or even a grant. I'm shaking because I don't know how ill survive at uni with this. my mum and dad are separated so his income shouldn't be taken into account - even though I did not put his details down and given solicitors proof that we are separated from him
Hi there,

When did your mum provide her income details for your application? Did she declare her zero income?

Thanks, Jen
Anonymous 12623
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Jen SFE)
Hi there,

When did your mum provide her income details for your application? Did she declare her zero income?

Thanks, Jen
we declared her income a week or two ago. i received a letter today saying that I was only eligible for the lowest amount. but when I called them they apparently had not viewed the evidence yet so they'll review it and then send another letter
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous 12623)
we declared her income a week or two ago. i received a letter today saying that I was only eligible for the lowest amount. but when I called them they apparently had not viewed the evidence yet so they'll review it and then send another letter
Hello,

I'm glad to hear your account has been referred to be reviewed, please allow around 10 working days.

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads