I want to lose weight (I’m 10 stone and overweight)

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want a summer body. I am about 10 stone which is quite heavy and I’m above average height for a women.
I can’t really enter a gym until September. So will walking 7k walks twice a week, jogging for 30 mins 5 days a week and then doing push-ups and sit-ups every day.
Can this help me lose weight? Also what sort of meals would I need to have? Would it be best to cut off snacks during the day?
Alix06
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)I want a summer body. I am about 10 stone which is quite heavy and I’m above average height for a women.
I can’t really enter a gym until September. So will walking 7k walks twice a week, jogging for 30 mins 5 days a week and then doing push-ups and sit-ups every day.
Can this help me lose weight? Also what sort of meals would I need to have? Would it be best to cut off snacks during the day?

This COULD help you lose weight, just be careful and stay hydrated. Btw if u wanna good thing to eat to lose weight...try KETO diet
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Alix06)
(Original post by Anonymous)I want a summer body. I am about 10 stone which is quite heavy and I’m above average height for a women.

This COULD help you lose weight, just be careful and stay hydrated. Btw if u wanna good thing to eat to lose weight...try KETO diet
Hi thank you so much! I am going to stick to drinking water because I’m not a fan of fizzy drinks but I do drink a lot of chocolate type drinks and it isn’t good for me. I do love water so I think sticking to water only is a good solution. I could try KETO. I’ve never actually heard of it but I just searched it up and it looks good. Although, my mum has a discount on ‘hello fresh’ so I could try that but then again I’d rather pick something that’s more better. Is the KETO diet expensive?
Alix06
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi thank you so much! I am going to stick to drinking water because I’m not a fan of fizzy drinks but I do drink a lot of chocolate type drinks and it isn’t good for me. I do love water so I think sticking to water only is a good solution. I could try KETO. I’ve never actually heard of it but I just searched it up and it looks good. Although, my mum has a discount on ‘hello fresh’ so I could try that but then again I’d rather pick something that’s more better. Is the KETO diet expensive?
The KETO can be expensive depending on the type of meal(s) or drink(s) you get. And no problem, I am happy to help. The reason I thought of KETO is because my grandmother used to do it, and it IS a timely process so it can take weeks to start actively working, but it does work.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You’re not overweight if you’re 63.5kg unless you’re 5’2 or shorter.
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Alix06)
The KETO can be expensive depending on the type of meal(s) or drink(s) you get. And no problem, I am happy to help. The reason I thought of KETO is because my grandmother used to do it, and it IS a timely process so it can take weeks to start actively working, but it does work.
It does look really good though actually. Thank you for the recommendation
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
You’re not overweight if you’re 63.5kg unless you’re 5’2 or shorter.
I’m a good few inches taller than that. It’s not because I’m a “healthy” weight it’s the fact that I don’t look slim. I have big thighs and belly fat that needs reducing. I’m surprised I’m not actually heavier. In pictures, I find it so bad when looking at them because you can tell that I’m overweight and my sister is a couple inches smaller than me weighing 8 stone and she looks fantastic. She doesn’t look underweight at all. After losing weight I’d like to tone my body to make me feel confident. I don’t feel confident in my own skin.
Alix06
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m a good few inches taller than that. It’s not because I’m a “healthy” weight it’s the fact that I don’t look slim. I have big thighs and belly fat that needs reducing. I’m surprised I’m not actually heavier. In pictures, I find it so bad when looking at them because you can tell that I’m overweight and my sister is a couple inches smaller than me weighing 8 stone and she looks fantastic. She doesn’t look underweight at all. After losing weight I’d like to tone my body to make me feel confident. I don’t feel confident in my own size.
idk if im underweight or not bcz it also depends on bone structure. I am 5 2 and 98lbs at 16yrs.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m a good few inches taller than that. It’s not because I’m a “healthy” weight it’s the fact that I don’t look slim. I have big thighs and belly fat that needs reducing. I’m surprised I’m not actually heavier. In pictures, I find it so bad when looking at them because you can tell that I’m overweight and my sister is a couple inches smaller than me weighing 8 stone and she looks fantastic. She doesn’t look underweight at all. After losing weight I’d like to tone my body to make me feel confident. I don’t feel confident in my own skin.
You could look into exercises that work on the thigh and abdomen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads