The Student Room Group

want to start masters in September/October but need to retake exam in august

want to start masters in September/October but need to retake exam in august so even though exam will be graded within the first 2 weeks of September and I have completed my degree I wont officially graduate i.e. degree wont be conferred until November. my university is offering to send masters institute a letter of completion along with my transcript showing I've met all degree requirements and that I just missed the deadline for the board to officially confer my degree and the next meeting is on November. does any one have any experience with this? can I start the masters program this year? do universities let you start masters even though officially you haven't yet graduated
Original post by Amaal/
want to start masters in September/October but need to retake exam in august so even though exam will be graded within the first 2 weeks of September and I have completed my degree I wont officially graduate i.e. degree wont be conferred until November. my university is offering to send masters institute a letter of completion along with my transcript showing I've met all degree requirements and that I just missed the deadline for the board to officially confer my degree and the next meeting is on November. does any one have any experience with this? can I start the masters program this year? do universities let you start masters even though officially you haven't yet graduated

Hi @Amaal/ [br] [br] In this instance I would recommend getting in touch directly with the university/universities you are considering studying a Masters with and see their policy. If your current university are willing to send an official academic transcript to meet the entry requirements I shouldn't imagine it would be an issue for you to start a Masters before you graduate, but it may depend on the institution you are apply to. I would suggest getting in touch with them directly for a reliable answer.

I hope this helps, best of luck! :smile:

Grace
BA History
MA Nineteenth Century Studies (History and English Literature)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending