kings offers

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
what is the deadline for kings today to give out offers /rejections?
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there.

CoochieMan could help

I think I read somewhere that they have till 18:00 to respond otherwise it's automatic rejection

Hopefully it works out for you though
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.

CoochieMan could help

I think I read somewhere that they have till 18:00 to respond otherwise it's automatic rejection

oh okayyyy
CoochieMan
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.

CoochieMan could help

The deadline is today for all universities. If they dont get back to us by 6pm today, UCAS will auto reject ys I've just gotten off the phone with them and they said they can change this decision after the deadline if they need to so I guess the wait still isn't over yet
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CoochieMan)
The deadline is today for all universities. If they dont get back to us by 6pm today, UCAS will auto reject ys I've just gotten off the phone with them and they said they can change this decision after the deadline if they need to so I guess the wait still isn't over yet
oh okayyy,would it be worth phoning them to ask about the status of the appication?
CoochieMan
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
oh okayyy,would it be worth phoning them to ask about the status of the appication?
You can try. I was just told what I already see on King's apply
Anonymous #1
You can try. I was just told what I already see on King's apply
what is showing on king's apply ,I dont understand
LucyL5367
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’ve called and they said that if you don’t hear by 6, it isn’t a automatic rejection
CoochieMan
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
what is showing on king's apply ,I dont understand
Like whatever the status is on kings apply
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LucyL5367)
I’ve called and they said that if you don’t hear by 6, it isn’t a automatic rejection
it isn't ?
LucyL5367
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
it isn't ?
no
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It will be via UCAS.

However as per CoochieMan's post, it sounds like they may be amending some decisions afterwards.

Not that I'm suggesting that Kings have left things too late of course, ahem.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
It will be via UCAS.

However as per CoochieMan's post, it sounds like they may be amending some decisions afterwards.

anyone heard back todayyyyyyyyyyy?/??????????????
LucyL5367
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It will be via UCAS.

so what does that mean exactly? if we’ve been rejected it’s not definite and there might be hope ?
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
so what does that mean exactly? if we’ve been rejected it’s not definite and there might be hope ?
Unless I am misreading CM's post, yes. (CoochieMan - did you speak to King's and did they suggest that this might apply to a lot of courses?)

If you get a rejection over the next 48hrs I would call them to confirm whether that is the final decision rather than waiting for them to get in touch though.
CoochieMan
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Unless I am misreading CM's post, yes. (CoochieMan - did you speak to King's and did they suggest that this might apply to a lot of courses?)

If you get a rejection over the next 48hrs I would call them to confirm whether that is the final decision rather than waiting for them to get in touch though.
Yeah. I asked if this was the case for just medicine or other courses (my friend applied for another course at kings and still hasn't heard back) and they said it'll apply to everyone who's still waiting
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah. I asked if this was the case for just medicine or other courses (my friend applied for another course at kings and still hasn't heard back) and they said it'll apply to everyone who's still waiting
Interesting!

That's really a worse case scenario for them, unless they communicate that to remaining applicants today they'll definitely lose some people that might have otherwise accepted.

Also potentially a bit sketchy from a UCAS POV, but we'll leave that for now

(PQ - you may find this interesting)
CoochieMan
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Interesting!

That's really a worse case scenario for them, unless they communicate that to remaining applicants today they'll definitely lose some people that might have otherwise accepted.

Also potentially a bit sketchy from a UCAS POV, but we'll leave that for now

(PQ - you may find this interesting)
They've left us waiting too late. They've sent out interviews since November and didn't start with offers until late April. Its their own fault they're awful
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They've left us waiting too late. They've sent out interviews since November and didn't start with offers until late April. Its their own fault they're awful
Oh absolutely, it's really bad from an applicant's perspective. Probably left a few people wondering about going there even if they do get an offer.

I'm just saying that this isn't something they would have deliberately done. It'll either be a staffing issue or specific departments have left things too late and not considered how long it's going to take (for probably another team) to process the decisions.
CoochieMan
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh absolutely, it's really bad from an applicant's perspective. Probably left a few people wondering about going there even if they do get an offer.

I'm just saying that this isn't something they would have deliberately done. It'll either be a staffing issue or specific departments have left things too late and not considered how long it's going to take (for probably another team) to process the decisions.
Yeah probably I'd love to get an explanation email or anything from them. I didn't hear back from them since my interview. I had to ask them myself for a time frame of decisions which turned out to be wrong. They don't communicate with their applicants unlike other unis
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (13)
29.55%
As I expected (12)
27.27%
Harder (17)
38.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
4.55%

Watched Threads