MoJ Summer Internship 2022?

Watch this thread
DonSK97
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm looking to see if anyone has previously completed a summer internship with the Ministry of Justice working as an Operational Court AO.

I applied for this a few months back and am at the final stages, having successfully completed vetting and background checks. They made me aware of this about 3 weeks ago and informed me they are in the process of preparing a formal contract and offer letter.

For anyone who has previously done this, approximately when could I expect to start? I'm eagerly awaiting a start date so I can finally hand in my notice at my current job and get out of retail to gain experience in a field I wish to pursue a career in.

Also, as I have a holiday booked mid-June, when should I make them aware of this? I would only require maybe 3 or 4 days off, but as it is an internship I'm not sure I would be entitled to any time off. Should I wait till I receive the contract offer or get it in there as soon as possible?

Thank you
Justice24
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I also applied a few months back. It says on my portal that they will contact me about the next stage of the application process and I got an email a while back about them formally preparing a contract for me. Thus far, I have heard nothing else since then. Have you heard anything more? I think we are somewhat in the same boat.
DonSK97
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I got an email today offering me a start date for 20/06. Have you heard back yet?

(Original post by Justice24)
Hi, I also applied a few months back. It says on my portal that they will contact me about the next stage of the application process and I got an email a while back about them formally preparing a contract for me. Thus far, I have heard nothing else since then. Have you heard anything more? I think we are somewhat in the same boat.
Justice24
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DonSK97)
I got an email today offering me a start date for 20/06. Have you heard back yet?
No I haven't heard anything since their email, saying they are drafting a contract and formal offer for me. That was many weeks ago. Maybe I will hear back soon. I am worried as I am thinking I am being ghosted and should start applying elsewhere for summer jobs. What was the application code the internship you applied for? I am wondering as there are many different ones geographically around the UK. We can discuss this in private messages if you would prefer.
lauren_bush_
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I have applied for the same position. However, I am still going through the pre-employment checks. Roughly how long does it take for them to complete the checks?
Justice24
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lauren_bush_)
Hi, I have applied for the same position. However, I am still going through the pre-employment checks. Roughly how long does it take for them to complete the checks?
The per-employment checks didn't take too long for me. It took about 2 weeks. I then got an email saying that they were done and they were preparing a formal contract for me. Then I had to wait for about 4 weeks for them to actually get in contact with me about this contract. I got an email and phone call yesterday, confirming my allocation, length of internship and start date. They are still preparing a formal contract but at least I had some confirmation!
It could be shorter for you (and I hope it is).
lauren_bush_
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Justice24)
The per-employment checks didn't take too long for me. It took about 2 weeks. I then got an email saying that they were done and they were preparing a formal contract for me. Then I had to wait for about 4 weeks for them to actually get in contact with me about this contract. I got an email and phone call yesterday, confirming my allocation, length of internship and start date. They are still preparing a formal contract but at least I had some confirmation!
It could be shorter for you (and I hope it is).
Thanks! I got an email today saying that the checks are complete. Just preparing the contract now. Hopefully it won't be too long!
DonSK97
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lauren_bush_)
took about 3 weeks for mine. it’s hard to say how long they take generally, but I don’t think they checked all my references either. how long have you been waiting?
user0194ifcsz
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
im still waiting after receiving an offer too!! (about a month now?)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads