Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got my offer to study Law here today, (AAA), so I'm chuffed, but I was wondering:

- Is the degree from QMCL the same as the one from LSE? (eg. are the questions in the exams the same between the two unis)

- I live in Hereford (W. Midlands), would I be likely to get accommodation?

Thanks,

Will

ReputationRep:
    Oh hey, congrats on your offer

I dunno, I thought the LLB is the same in all unis, but meh, I don't know.

But yes, since you live outside of the M25, assuming you send all your accommodation forms in on time, you will be guaranteed a room for first year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Oh hey, congrats on your offer

I dunno, I thought the LLB is the same in all unis, but meh, I don't know.

But yes, since you live outside of the M25, assuming you send all your accommodation forms in on time, you will be guaranteed a room for first year
    thanks

hmmm... accom. sounds good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will1989)
    thanks

hmmm... accom. sounds good
    Hm yeah it is, the majority of halls are in the Student Village which is very close to the law building so you could probably get up 20 mins before lectures lol. Thanks for the rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Hm yeah it is, the majority of halls are in the Student Village which is very close to the law building so you could probably get up 20 mins before lectures lol. Thanks for the rep

kk, np, and thanks

anyone know if the degree from QM is the same as that from LSE/UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Pete Doherty went to QMUL...but dropped out, random fact.

I am transferring there next year...yet to look around it though!

ReputationRep:
    kk, np, and thanks

anyone know if the degree from QM is the same as that from LSE/UCL?
    The degree is the same in the sense that all universities are part of the university of london, and all will have university of london on the graduation cerfticate.

Furthermore, the degrees are similar as the law society states that you must complete (i think) 7 foundationaly subjects, like tort, jurisprudence, eu, admin, etc.

However in my opinon this is were the similiarities end. Some modules that perhaps could be studied at qmul, might not be offered at other universites. Furthermore whilst they are university of london degrees, they stiill state where u gradutated from i.e kings, etc. And employers do not see all blanket university of london degrees as the same.

Hope that helps x

ReputationRep:
    yeah it does thanks

ReputationRep:
    yeah it does thanks
    what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fungirl1234)
    what?
    you said hope that helps at the end of the post

anyway

thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P_Ben21)
    Pete Doherty went to QMUL...but dropped out, random fact.

I am transferring there next year...yet to look around it though!
    Yeah I heard he did English.

ReputationRep:
    you said hope that helps at the end of the post

anyway

thanks a lot
    aww i didnt realise. no worries. if u have any questions feel free to ask any other questions. im a second year law student so maybe able to help

ReputationRep:
    aww i didnt realise. no worries. if u have any questions feel free to ask any other questions. im a second year law student so maybe able to help
    In that case I might jump in...what was it like living in the student village, and what were the different halls like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OoFaithoO)
    In that case I might jump in...what was it like living in the student village, and what were the different halls like?
    I know this question isn't directed at me...
    But to sum it up in one word...

JOKES!

The best moments ever, so much fun and laughter, randomness...a new experience "living out" for most of us too. The halls are probably some of the best in London...ensuite ones especially are excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeSiFiEd)
    I know this question isn't directed at me...
    But to sum it up in one word...

JOKES!

The best moments ever, so much fun and laughter, randomness...a new experience "living out" for most of us too. The halls are probably some of the best in London...ensuite ones especially are excellent.
    I think DeSiFiEd sumed it up pretty much. its great. well i had a good time, everyone lives near you, you can decide 5 mins before your lecture starts yes i will go to it lol. Most are ensuite and reasonably priced. watch out for the fire alarms tho lol

ReputationRep:
    I think DeSiFiEd sumed it up pretty much. its great. well i had a good time, everyone lives near you, you can decide 5 mins before your lecture starts yes i will go to it lol. Most are ensuite and reasonably priced. watch out for the fire alarms tho lol
    lol...the fire alarms are part of the experience, I only really remember about 4 in Richard Feilden though, and I was awake for 3 of them clearly didn't sleep much! lol

ReputationRep:
    The degree is the same in the sense that all universities are part of the university of london, and all will have university of london on the graduation cerfticate.
    LSE issue them in their own name these days, as do UCL and Kings, I find it sad that the University of London has lost Imperial and has essentially semi-lost the next big three, it's the beginning of the dismantling of a once great organisation.

ReputationRep:
    Where/what are the standards of the sports facilities at QMUL?

ReputationRep:
    Brand new gym opened last month, I've not been in it, but my mates who do gym think it's great.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got my offer to study Law here today, (AAA), so I'm chuffed, but I was wondering:

- Is the degree from QMCL the same as the one from LSE? (eg. are the questions in the exams the same between the two unis)

- I live in Hereford (W. Midlands), would I be likely to get accommodation?

Thanks,

Will
    To the second question... OF COURSE YOU WOULD. I'm from Selly Oak (Near Birmingham University) in West Midlands, and I had my accomodation sorted for me. It's too far, the people who need to worry are the people who live in London, but then again, 3 of my flat mates are from London as well hah.

Any more questions just ask!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 21, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.