possible maximum maintenance loan??

Watch this thread
Doraxx
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, i submitted my student finance application and i stated that my parents live abroad on the form which they do (they both live in africa) ive been living in england since 2019 with my "aunty and her family" but shes not actually related to me in anyway shes just one of my mums longtime friends. would i get the maximum maintenance loan as my parents income would not be able to be assesed due to them earning in a diff currency etc. or would i be assesed based on my guardian's income (my "aunty")?
Last edited by Doraxx; 1 month ago
Jen SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Doraxx)
hi, i submitted my student finance application and i stated that my parents live abroad on the form which they do (they both live in africa) ive been living in england since 2019 with my "aunty and her family" but shes not actually related to me in anyway shes just one of my mums longtime friends. would i get the maximum maintenance loan as my parents income would not be able to be assesed due to them earning in a diff currency etc. or would i be assesed based on my guardian's income (my "aunty")?
Hi Dora,

We'd still assess you based on your parents income, as, although they live in a different country, we would still need their income details to assess your entitlement.

Thanks, Jen
baiubds
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Jen,Ive also recently completed my student finance and was told that I have recieved the basic rate and also that my mum needs to submit a marital status form. However my parent cant do this, what should I do and if my Mum doesnt send it, will I still receive the maintenance loan stated on student finance?
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by baiubds)
Hi Jen,Ive also recently completed my student finance and was told that I have recieved the basic rate and also that my mum needs to submit a marital status form. However my parent cant do this, what should I do and if my Mum doesnt send it, will I still receive the maintenance loan stated on student finance?
Hi There,

If your mother doesn’t submit marital status evidence then we’ll award you the minimum maintenance entitlement. Just to check, is it just the form she can’t provide, or can’t she provide any marital status evidence?

Thanks, Erin N
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.02%
As I expected (65)
33.16%
Harder (72)
36.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.08%

Watched Threads