WJEC AS MATHS unit 1

Watch this thread
gatheredjam6
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
WTF was that paper.
They put topics in it that we haven’t revised or were removed.
rycbar.123
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Literally, our teacher said exponential wouldn’t be in it, and there was that area of the line crossing the circle part which I have never seen in a textbook or revision guide. Also all the questions that are usually high tariff (trig) was so low, and then the simultaneous logs- what?! I’m just really annoyed because I did revise everything, yet a good 40 of the marks I couldn’t have revised for because I didn’t expect them to be in there
rycbar.123
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
also I’ve gotten an A in every single mock/test, and now I’d be surprised to get a C
alevels21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rycbar.123)
Literally, our teacher said exponential wouldn’t be in it, and there was that area of the line crossing the circle part which I have never seen in a textbook or revision guide. Also all the questions that are usually high tariff (trig) was so low, and then the simultaneous logs- what?! I’m just really annoyed because I did revise everything, yet a good 40 of the marks I couldn’t have revised for because I didn’t expect them to be in there
YES Our teacher said modelling exponential growth wouldn't be there. I feel your pain like whats the point in removing topics... only to have them in the exam?!?!?!
hadrhyl
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That was an absolutely ridiculous test. All the tests so far have seemed tougher than their previous years counterparts but that was a completely different game.
Kyli3ee
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know how to do the simultaneous logs
hadrhyl
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kyli3ee)
I didnt manage to finish it but I got as far as simplifying down based upon laws of indices and the rules for Logs (LogaX+logaY=logaXY and so forth)
alevels21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Literally used the laws but never finished the question

We should complain to WJEC - they said they’d remove exponential growth and they clearly didn’t so 7 marks that we can’t control
alevels21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alevels21)
Literally used the laws but never finished the question

We should complain to WJEC - they said they’d remove exponential growth and they clearly didn’t so 7 marks that we can’t control
It’s just so strange the 2018 and 2019 papers were nice and todays paper was DISGUSTING
Sol'
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Honestly that paper was vile, it was absolutely nothing like the 2018 2019 or specification papers, wtf was that log question, not to mention the propotional and inverse proportion stuff. Even the questions didn't factorise readily. Plus all the topics you can usually pick up marks on were either worth way less or just weren't in the paper. I really feel like the wjec was taking the mick especially for our year group. I feel like they could've set a paper that was somewhat like the other 2 new spec ones (or even the sample assesment materials).
megpar
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
honestly i've never seen a worse paper, it was horrible. how are they gonna put in topics they said they weren't going to include? the logarithm question was disgusting, i was writing right up until the end.
alevels21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by megpar)
honestly i've never seen a worse paper, it was horrible. how are they gonna put in topics they said they weren't going to include? the logarithm question was disgusting, i was writing right up until the end.
Exactly it was vile of them to include topics they did not include within 2022's specification. Absolutely horrible.
alevels21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sol')
Honestly that paper was vile, it was absolutely nothing like the 2018 2019 or specification papers, wtf was that log question, not to mention the propotional and inverse proportion stuff. Even the questions didn't factorise readily. Plus all the topics you can usually pick up marks on were either worth way less or just weren't in the paper. I really feel like the wjec was taking the mick especially for our year group. I feel like they could've set a paper that was somewhat like the other 2 new spec ones (or even the sample assesment materials).
Exactly my point! And you'd expect after 2 years of COVID pandemic they'd be nice. EVEN QUALIFICATION WALES promised the exams will be fairer and grading will be fairly. What a load of crap.
gatheredjam6
Rep:
To be fair, it wasn’t just this test that was solid.
Every exam I had so far were so ridiculously hard compared to 2018 or 2019.
alevels21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gatheredjam6)
To be fair, it wasn’t just this test that was solid.
Every exam I had so far were so ridiculously hard compared to 2018 or 2019.
Exactly, and what baffles me is that they promised to make exams fairer this year. Clearly not!!
gatheredjam6
Rep:
Do you think I can resit next year if I get low marks for this?
alevels21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gatheredjam6)
Do you think I can resit next year if I get low marks for this?
Guys let's not be too silly I am sure we did fine. Even if not we could, I would say it would be better since this year things were taken out, BUT THEY WEREN'T!!
gatheredjam6
Rep:
I got an answer and it seemed right but I forgot the values of it.
zotrain123
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well I sat the paper and I thought that it was bad and I spoke to head of maths and she said that they reported the paper and another school she knows had all their students crying and had to send an email to the parents about it and they have complained because half of the topics were taken out due to covid. I wonder what they are going to do?
alevels21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zotrain123)
Well I sat the paper and I thought that it was bad and I spoke to head of maths and she said that they reported the paper and another school she knows had all their students crying and had to send an email to the parents about it and they have complained because half of the topics were taken out due to covid. I wonder what they are going to do?
Yep even my form tutor said that the school will complain. The fact that p***** me off is that unit one is supposed to be the easiest one. I spent so many hours revising and preparing for it yet none of it was helpful. Like sorry, but drawing circle quadratic graphs?!?! Nothing like that on the specification! It was a horrible and vile paper and absolutely disgusted by the WJEC who think after two years of major disruptions that we would be able to sit a paper as bad as that

Lord knows what they’ll do some people said they might sue which is a bit much but understandable I’m still so stressed and mortified from doing that paper!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (61)
27.11%
As I expected (70)
31.11%
Harder (86)
38.22%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.56%

Watched Threads