The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamza.bhatti
Yo,

My english teacher just phoned me and said that 100% aqa are investigating this matter and it is plaigarism and people will be marked down for using the story. (btw she is the head of english and an aqa examiner). Im soo worried!

What is this priest story everyone's going on about. I'm confused
Yes my brother just confirmed this too, what’s the priest story?
A english teacher baisically gave a free story to use in the exam
We are done guys - fail!
Yo,

My english teacher just phoned me and said that 100% aqa are investigating this matter and it is plaigarism and people will be marked down for using the story. (btw she is the head of english and an aqa examiner). Im soo worried!

hello
that's not true because he was a former examiner not sure if he still is- loads of times yr11s write similar descriptions and stories to each other when they sit the language paper 1 exam each year and nothing comes out of it. im worried too i used the priest story, however we all wrote difference stories different ideas etc and tweaked it differently- u cant plagiarise a plot. try not to stress about it
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by dahlia06
hello
that's not true because he was a former examiner not sure if he still is- loads of times yr11s write similar descriptions and stories to each other when they sit the language paper 1 exam each year and nothing comes out of it. im worried too i used the priest story, however we all wrote difference stories different ideas etc and tweaked it differently- u cant plagiarise a plot. try not to stress about it

She said she is marking the papers this year and IT IS CHEATING! She talked to me for like an hour about it
(Original post by dahlia06)hello

Bro She one one one talked to my whole year for like an hour!

she's probably trying to teach you a lesson not to use someone's plot- it is virtually impossible for aqa to penalise us because of a PLOT! its not a written story its a PLOT
if you copied the paragraph he wrote it's more of a risk but nah there's no way- teachers usually teach their students a plot to use in exams or key phrase for the description- this isnt any different
She said she is marking the papers this year and IT IS CHEATING! She talked to me for like an hour about it

i highly doubt that it’s plagiarism because everyone would have adapted their own stories

i didn’t use the priest story but good luck to those that did
Reply 9

Hmm, are you 100% sure? Doesn't that mean the grade boundaries would drop?
Original post by oliviapope1
i highly doubt that it’s plagiarism because everyone would have adapted their own stories

i didn’t use the priest story but good luck to those that did

innit, im seeing your name a lot recently- thank god you're destressing me
innit, im seeing your name a lot recently- thank god you're destressing me

no worries <33

it’s ridiculous to penalise every single student that used the plot. it’s just like the beginning, middle and end with a climax in the middle and a resolution

i wouldn’t listen to anything anyone says at this point unless it comes straight from aqa themselves
no worries <33

it’s ridiculous to penalise every single student that used the plot. it’s just like the beginning, middle and end with a climax in the middle and a resolution

i wouldn’t listen to anything anyone says at this point unless it comes straight from aqa themselves

ily i hope you get all 9s in your exams- i appreciate someone not putting others down just because they used a different plot
How does this constitute as cheating?
hes going live in a few minutes to clarify it
mr everything english^
(edited 1 year ago)
A english teacher baisically gave a free story to use in the exam

it aint a free story. everyones is getting it wrong it is just a plot you can use for an idea there is nothing linked with plagiarism 🤣🤣
yh guys dw for anyone who used the priest story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFwfojXmpXc&ab_channel=MrEverythingEnglish
the people who said it was are just salty they didnt use the plot
ily i hope you get all 9s in your exams- i appreciate someone not putting others down just because they used a different plot

aww thank you so much, it means a lot!!

i’ll be over the moon with a 7 in both english lang and lit because english is that subject that i don’t get along with but i’ve tried really hard for these exams😭

i really hope you get all 9s in your exams as well, good luck <333
i'm doing Edexcel IGCSE Eng Lang so do you think I could use the priest story for that too? I'm nervous for it now
aww thank you so much, it means a lot!!

i’ll be over the moon with a 7 in both english lang and lit because english is that subject that i don’t get along with but i’ve tried really hard for these exams😭

i really hope you get all 9s in your exams as well, good luck <333

tysmmm !!
im hoping for a 9 in lit and 7 in lang, lang is torture
good luck for the maths test tmw!!

Original post by randompanda_
i'm doing Edexcel IGCSE Eng Lang so do you think I could use the priest story for that too? I'm nervous for it now

yes but my advice dont watch the video when he created the paragraph, or if you did then make sure youre paragraph is 99% different from it

Latest